If you’ve never dunked a homemade Almond Biscotti into a warm cup of coffee, you’re really missing out! These crunchy, perfectly baked biscotti are made with cozy, simple ingredients like vanilla extract, sliced almonds and almond flour.
Easy Almond Biscotti Recipe
Lets face it – nothing goes better with coffee than a crunchy, lightly sweetened biscotti. However, it’s never fun to unwrap a biscotti from the plastic wrap it comes in! Avoid that plastic by treating yourself to this homemade recipe.
Besides just ridding yourself of plastic wrap with nutritional facts, this homemade recipe is also superior to store-bought in so many ways. The texture is crunchy, but not totally hardened and stale like so many store-bought brands. Also, the flavor is delightfully more natural.
If you’ve never made biscotti at home, you’re in for a real surprise. Biscotti is pretty easy to make! It’s surprising to me that this is a treat that’s so often bought at stores and almost never made at home. This almond biscotti is so delicious, it should be made just as often as cookies and cupcakes are!
Why you’ll love this biscotti recipe
- Simple: The simple vanilla and almond notes that flavor this biscotti are so delicious, yet so simple. It’ll go well with any cup of coffee, no matter what kinds of sweetener you use!
- Customizable: While I love adding a dash of almond extract in the mix to really elevate the almond flavor, you can definitely choose to leave it out! This treat can have as little or as much almond flavor as you’d like.
- Impressive: When was the last time a friend handed you a cup of coffee with homemade almond biscotti next to it? Impress everyone you know with this easy recipe.
How to make Almond Biscotti
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Combine the all purpose flour, almond flour, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Add in the sliced almonds.
- Shape the dough into a log.
- Bake the biscotti log.
- Slice the biscotti.
- Bake again.
- Store or serve. Enjoy!
How long does homemade biscotti stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, homemade biscotti can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks! That’s 2 weeks of starting each day with an almond biscotti and a hot cup of coffee… Really, there’s not better way to start the day.
Why is my biscotti dough so crumbly?
Just keep going! The mixture may seem a bit crumbly and dry at first, but it should form a nice dough the most you gently mix it.
If it’s been a decent amount of time and you’re not seeing a difference in the dry dough, add something to moisten it like a splash more of vanilla or almond extract.
How do I freeze biscotti?
It’s simple! Just let the biscotti fully cool off after baking. Once they’re room temperature, pop them into an airtight container so they don’t get freezer burn.
In the freezer, the homemade almond biscotti will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy one, Just let it adjust to room temperature for an hour or so (usually less) and enjoy! It should be as good as when you first baked it.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Try your best to make sure the biscotti are all the exact same size. That way, they not only look presentable, but they’ll cook evenly.
- To make these biscotti even sweeter, dunk them or drizzle them in melted chocolate chips!
- If you’re making these around Christmas time, toss a handful of dried cranberries into the mix for a tasty festive twist!
This is an easy almond biscotti recipe that will help you start every day deliciously.
More breakfast recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Almond Biscotti Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together (in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer) until light and fluffy– about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, if using. Mix on low speed, just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the all purpose flour, almond flour, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly. When all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated, add the sliced almonds and mix just until they are evenly distributed– about 15 seconds. Make sure not to over mix the dough!
- Shape the dough into a log about 6” across and 14” long.
- Bake the biscotti log for 25-28 minutes, or until it is set in the center and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Slice the biscotti (I like to slice them on a diagonal about 1” thick– but slice them however you like) and lay them cut side up on the baking sheet. Be careful– they’re hot!
- Bake the biscotti for an additional 25-28 minutes , or until they are firm and dry. Allow the biscotti to cool fully before transferring them to an airtight container. Store them at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings: 15 large or 30 small
- If you’d like to make smaller biscotti, divide the dough into two logs and reduce the baking time to 15-20 minutes each.