Put together a simple and delicious classic dessert with this Caramel Apple Dump Cake recipe. It’s easy to prepare, and it’ll quickly become a favorite with your family and friends.
Easy Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
When you want to make a fantastic dessert for the family to enjoy, but you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen preparing it, make this incredible Caramel Apple Dump Cake. It’s full of flavor, easy to prepare, and enjoyed by both children and adults. It has the flavor of a caramel apple that screams fall is here!
Why You’ll Love this Boxed Cake Mix Recipe:
- Simple ingredients: You don’t need a lot of ingredients or much time to make this dessert. It’s as easy as it gets! Even if you don’t have much time, you can make this with ease and without all the stress.
- Flavors of fall: This dessert is loaded with flavors of fall due to the spices, the caramel and the apples.
How to make Caramel Apple Dump Cake with Boxed Cake Mix
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grab a mixing bowl and combine apple pie filling with the caramel ice cream topping, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, and ground cardamom.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of the filling.
- Sprinkle your cake mix over the walnuts, covering them evenly.
- Slice your butter into thin squares and cover the entire cake mix.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
Yes, it’s best to put your leftover dump cake in the fridge to keep it fresh. If not, it may go bad a bit too quickly. If you like to eat it hot, you can always microwave it for a few seconds.
The recipe gets its name from the way that you’ll prepare it. You’re essentially dumping the ingredients together in a pan before baking the cake and then serving it. It’s such a simple way to make a great dessert.
Although quite similar, the difference between the dump cake and the cobbler is that the dump cake will have more of a cake-like texture to it than the cobbler would. Other than that, they’re a lot a like.
Make sure that you have vanilla ice cream on hand to scoop on top of the warm dump cake. Vanilla pairs well with the caramel apple flavor of this easy dessert recipe.
Use a large spoon to scoop out the dump cake onto a plate. Place your ice cream on top and enjoy the combination of warm cake and melty ice cream.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you don’t want to use walnuts, you can always replace them with pecans or peanuts, depending on which ones you like best.
- You can substitute homemade caramel sauce for the ice cream caramel sauce in this recipe.
- Consider serving this dump cake warm with a side of cold ice cream. These two desserts are a perfect match.
You are going to love how easy this caramel apple dump cake is to make. Your friends and family are going to love how delicious it is paired with a cold scoop of ice cream.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 40 ounces apple pie filling 2 cans
- ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅔ cup hopped walnuts plus more for serving
- 15.25 ounces box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- Vanilla ice cream for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by lightly coating the bottom and sides with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the apple pie filling, ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, and ground cardamom until well-combined. Pour the filling into the prepared baking dish.40 ounces apple pie filling, ¾ cup caramel ice cream topping, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sprinkle the ⅔ cup of walnuts evenly over the apple filling.⅔ cup hopped walnuts
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the almonds and filling and spread it out evenly.15.25 ounces box yellow cake mix
- Cut the unsalted butter into thin squares and cover the entire top of the cake with the squares of butter.1 cup unsalted butter
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until there are no more dry spots on top of the cake and the filling is warmed through and bubbling.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the cake and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle of walnuts if desired.Vanilla ice cream for serving