Prepare the perfect treat to have for breakfast with this Chocolate Chip Biscotti recipe. You can use simple ingredients to make a treat that goes great with your morning cup of coffee or tea.
Easy Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe
Do you have a sweet tooth? I know I do especially in the morning! When I wake up, I want something sweet to go with my hot cup of coffee. Chocolate Chip Biscotti is the perfect breakfast food. It’s easy to grab when I’m in a rush, and pairs perfectly with my coffee.
If you have ever had biscotti before, you know how good it tastes. When you enjoy the sweet and crunchy breakfast treat, you may want to know what you need to do to make it from scratch.
Rather than buying biscotti from the grocery store, follow this flavorful Chocolate Chip Biscotti Recipe to create fresh biscuits from scratch. The recipe contains simple ingredients, including sugar, butter, almond flour, and chocolate chips.
Why you’ll love this Chocolate Chip Biscotti recipe
- The recipe is quick. You can have the Chocolate Chip Biscotti prepared and ready to eat within about 90 minutes.
- Leftover friendly. It is possible to save your biscotti for later. It will stay good to eat for two weeks, so you can make large batches of it if you know that you will eat some of it each day.
- Perfect with coffee. Biscotti and coffee are like breakfast best friends. They go perfectly together and dipping a crunchy chocolate chip biscotti into your coffee makes for a great morning.
How to make Chocolate Chip Biscotti from Scratch
- Prepare the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the sugar and the butter.
- Add in the extracts and the eggs.
- Combine the flours and baking powder together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Add your almond and chocolate chips.
- Form into logs and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove, cut into slices and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
What is biscotti?
Biscotti is an Italian treat known for its crisp texture and sweet flavor. Because it gets baked twice, it has a slightly dry texture, but that makes it perfect for dipping. Many people dip it into a hot beverage for breakfast.
How do you store biscotti?
Place your Chocolate Chip Biscotti in an airtight container with a lid. You do not need to store it in the refrigerator. Instead, you can leave it on your countertop or put it in the pantry. It should stay fresh for two weeks.
What pairs well with biscotti?
Hot coffee is commonly served with biscotti. You can dip it in your hot coffee to soften it up a bit before eating it.
If you do not drink coffee, you can pair it with hot chocolate, warm chai tea, and even hot apple cider. It goes perfectly with many hot beverages! Here are a couple copycat drinks that I love:
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use a large bread knife to slice into the biscotti, making it easier on yourself to create the perfect shape for each piece.
- Add extra chocolate chips if you love the chocolate flavor added to the biscotti.
- Be sure to let your Chocolate Chip Biscotti cool down completely before you store the sweet treat in a container.
Chocolate chip biscotti is an easy breakfast treat that stores beautifully. You can make a batch on the weekend and enjoy it all week long with your coffee.
More sweet breakfast recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract optional
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy– about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, if using. Mix on low speed, just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the all purpose flour, almond flour, and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly. When all of the dry ingredients have been incorporated, add the sliced almonds and chocolate chips. Mix just until they are evenly distributed– about 15 seconds.
- Shape the dough into two logs that are about 2” wide, ¾” tall, and 8” long.
- Bake the biscotti for 20-25 minutes, or until they are set and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Slice the biscotti and lay them cut side up on the baking sheet. Be careful– they’re hot!
- Bake the biscotti for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until they are firm and dry. Allow the biscotti to cool fully before transferring them to an airtight container. Store them at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.