Enjoy a Chocolate Dipped Biscotti with your coffee! These homemade sweet treats are easy to make and are guaranteed to make you smile, no matter how early you have to wake up. You deserve this chocolatey treat in the morning!
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good biscotti, especially when it’s dipped in sweet chocolate? Dipping homemade biscotti in warm chocolate is so indulgently good, it should be a crime… Luckily for us though, it’s not!
I love making a big batch of chocolate covered biscotti right at the beginning of what I know will be a busy week. They make me look forward to waking up and enjoying my cup of coffee! After all, nothing pairs better than a warm cup of joe and a chocolatey biscotti.
If you’ve never made biscotti before, you’re in for a real treat! Homemade biscotti is SO much better than the store-bought stuff not just in flavor, but in texture, too. It’s crunchy enough to give you that satisfying bite without totally falling apart, and the sweet flavors are divine.
Why you’ll love this classic biscotti cookie recipe
- Simple: Why stress over your favorite baked goods? In just a few simple steps, these chocolate coated biscottis can be whipped up in just over half an hour.
- Great Gifts: Not sure what to give the new neighbor next door or your kid’s teacher? Chocolate dipped biscotti is the gift that keeps on giving! Everyone loves getting a few biscotti as a gift.
- Chocolatey: Plain biscotti is delicious, there’s no doubt about that. However, chocolate dipped biscotti is so much more decadent!
How to make biscotti dipped in milk chocolate
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat your oven and line the baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Pat the dough with wet hands until it’s 10 inches long.
- Bake the biscotti.
- Allow the biscotti to cool before slicing it into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Bake again.
- Melt the chocolate chips, then dip or drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti.
- Chill the chocolate dipped biscotti.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
It all depends on your preferences! I like using semi-sweet chocolate, as it has just the right amount of both sweetness and depth to pair with the biscotti.
However, milk, dark, or even white chocolate are also delicious options.
How long will chocolate dipped biscotti stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, this biscotti will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. That’s a great amount of time to enjoy your biscotti! Just be sure to keep it in a cool, dark area and out of direct sunlight.
Why isn’t my biscotti crunchy?
First of all, your homemade biscotti will likely not be as dried out as most store-bought biscotti, so it may seem less crunchy because of that.
However, if you notice a significantly lessened crunch than you’d like, that could mean it wasn’t baked for long enough on the second time.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- You can tell the biscotti is done baking when it’s firmed and lightly brown. Don’t wait for it to turn too dark!
- You must allow the biscotti to cool before cutting into it after it bakes for the first time. If you skip this step, your biscotti will most likely become crumbly and lose shape.
- Remember to also allow the biscotti to fully cool before storing it in an airtight container, or the heat will create steam.
Start your morning off the right way, with coffee in your favorite mug and a homemade chocolate dipped biscotti!
More easy cookie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Next, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined– making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next, add the flour, almond flour, and baking powder. Mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter in half and place each half on a parchment lined baking sheet. Wet your hands and pat the dough into a loaf about 10” long, 2.5” wide, and 1/2” thick.
- Bake the biscotti for 18-20 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- Allow the biscotti to cool and then slice them ½” thick (I like to slice them on an angle but that’s up to you).
- Place the biscotti cut side up on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-17 minutes, or until the biscotti are dried and crisp.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted– about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip or drizzle the chocolate over the biscotti and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the biscotti to the fridge and allow the chocolate to set– about 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, transfer the biscotti to an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to two weeks.