Chocolate lasagna has layers of chocolate-y goodness that make this dessert a real showstopper. No one has to know how easy it is make!
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
Chocolate lasagna is a showstopping dessert that everyone will love! It starts with a chocolate cookie crust, then you have a cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding, whipped cream and even more chocolate pudding.
It’s topped with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Don’t let all the layers fool you! This dessert is super easy to make.
Why you’ll love this Layered Chocolate Lasagna recipe
- Layers of deliciousness. The layers in this dessert lend different flavors with each bite and pair well together.
- Super simple. It’s so easy to make!
- Basic ingredients. This recipe uses ingredients you most likely already have at home, and if you don’t, they are easy to get from the store.
How to make Chocolate Lasagna
- Make the bottom layer by crushing up sandwich cookies in food processor and mixing with melted butter.
- Pour into 9×13 dish.
- Make the next layer by mixing the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in whipped topping, and spread over the cookie crumb layer.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes before adding next layer.
- Mix the chocolate pudding mix with the remaining milk until thick and spreading over the whipped layer.
- Make the top layer by spreading the rest of the whipped topping.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and the rest of the cookie crumbs and serve.
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
It is called a lasagna because it is composed of multiple layers, like a traditional lasagna. It has nothing to do with pasta of any kind (thank goodness!) and is sweet not savory.
Can I use Homemade Pudding Mix?
You can use a homemade pudding mix if you’d like! it does take a bit more time, but the result will be worth it!
How do I make Chocolate Curls?
You can make chocolate curls with milk, semisweet, or white chocolate bars. Using a vegetable peeler, hold the bar firmly in one hand and drag the peeler down the bar.
The size of the curl will depend on if you are peeling along the side or the front of the bar, and what size peeler you are using.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to scrape down the side of the bowl when mixing so you can fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Make sure you refrigerate each layer long enough so that they stay separate layers.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing; if it is not softened it will not mix very well and will be lumpy.
This delicious layered dessert has all the elements of a superstar dessert: creamy and chocolatey layers that not only taste excellent but look as good as they taste! It’s bound to be at the top of your favorites after you try it.
More chocolate recipes we love
- White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (14.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1/4 cups whole milk divided
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding (5.9 oz)
- 20 ounces refrigerated whipped topping softened, divided
- Chocolate curls for garnish
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Set aside one cup for garnish. Place the remaining cookie crumbs in a mixing bowl with melted butter and mix well. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan, then place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add 1⁄4 cup of milk and mix well. Fold in 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping. Spread mixture over cookie crust and return to the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with three cups of cold milk, whisking for several minutes until thickened. Spread on top of the second layer and return to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Spread remaining whipped topping on the top, then place in the freezer for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls and serve.