Who needs store-bought breakfast bars when you can make these No Bake Granola Bars? You’ll use oats, peanut butter, honey, and various other ingredients to create the perfect breakfast treat.
No Bake Granola Bar Recipe
If you like granola bars, you’re going to love the No Bake Granola Bar recipe. You can easily prepare these bars by combining your wet and dry ingredients and allowing the bars to chill for a set time.
Once you take these steps, you’ll have fresh and tasty breakfast bars to enjoy for breakfast or as a snack.
Of course, you can grab granola bars at the store for days when you need a quick breakfast, but making your own saves money and offers more nutrition.
Why You’ll Love this Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe:
- Limited effort. These granola bars don’t require too much effort to make, and they’ll taste so fresh.
- Add more to them. You can customize your No Bake Granola Bars by including different add-ins to the recipe.
- Perfect for breakfast on the go. These bars are perfect for breakfast on the go as you can just grab one and head out the door.
How to Make Peanut Butter Granola Bars at Home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grab an 8×8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats with cinnamon, crushed peanuts, and sea salt.
- Grab a saucepan and add your peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil to the pan, heating it on low until it becomes smooth.
- Add vanilla extract to your peanut butter before removing it from the stove and mixing it with your oat blend.
- Add both the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips to the mix.
- Press your mixture into the pan and then sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top before letting your mixture chill for up to two hours.
- Once your bars have chilled for up to 2 hours, you can cut the bars.
It’s best to put these No Bake Granola Bars in the fridge to keep them fresh and flavorful. If you leave them out, the chocolate may begin to melt and the granola bars could start to get stale.
If you don’t want to add peanut butter to these bars, you can leave it out or even replace it with something else, such as almond butter or sunflower butter.
You can add plenty of other extras to these No Bake Granola Bars, such as mini candy-coated chocolate chips, craisins, and raisin. It all depends on the flavor you’re trying to achieve. These are just a few of the many add-ins that work well with the other ingredients, including the oats, peanut butter, and honey.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Let them chill the whole time. Make sure to wait a minimum of one hour before cutting into your bars. They won’t cut well if you don’t chill them the full amount of time.
- Add more chocolatey goodness. Feel free to press more chocolate chips into your bars at the end. The extra chocolate chips are perfect for chocolate lovers.
- Press the bars hard. When adding your mixture to the pan, press hard enough to get your bars to stick together with ease.
If you want a crispy, chewy bar to eat in the morning, try these No Bake Granola Bars. They taste good and keep you full until lunch!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Homemade Granola Bars Recipe
- 2½ cups thick old-fashioned rolled oats 325 grams
- ½ cup crushed unsalted peanuts 70 grams
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3 grams
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt 3 grams
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter 278 grams
- ½ cup honey 160 grams
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil 28 grams
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips 54 grams, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips 54 grams, plus more for sprinkling
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- 8×8 Baking Pan
- Prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, crushed peanuts, cinnamon, and sea salt until well-combined. Set aside.2½ cups thick old-fashioned rolled oats, ½ cup crushed unsalted peanuts, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.1 cup creamy peanut butter, ½ cup honey, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the semisweet and white chocolate chips.¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips, ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Press the mixture into prepared pan. You’ll want to press fairly hard to make sure the bars stick together.
- Sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips if desired and press them gently onto the bars to stick.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting into bars. Keep refrigerated for best results.
- Make sure to wait a minimum of 1 hour before cutting into your bars. They won’t cut well if you don’t chill them the full amount of time.
- Feel free to press more chocolate chips into your bars at the end. The extra chocolate chips are perfect for chocolate lovers.
- When adding your mixture to the pan, press hard enough to get your bars to stick together with ease.
Leave a Review