Peanut butter lovers rejoice with the ultimate peanut butter cookie! Peanut butter cup cookies are full of peanut butter and chocolate goodness.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
These peanut butter cookies are like a Reese’s in cookie form! In fact, you add a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup to the center of the cookie.
The base of the cookie is a soft and creamy peanut butter cookie with a chocolate peanut butter candy added to them. They are always a popular addition to any holiday event and are super easy to make!
Why You’ll Love this PB Cup Cookie Recipe:
- Easy recipe: The peanut butter cookie portion of this recipe is simple to make and then you add a peanut butter cup to the center. It’s easy enough for beginner bakers.
- Freezer friendly: These cookies are simple to make and freeze perfectly. You can make a double batch and then freeze the second portion for later.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cookies for Christmas and Beyond
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugars together.
- Add in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- Add the dough to a mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a peanut butter cup in the center of the cookie.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
The base of these cookies is peanut butter. It’s a classic peanut butter cookie recipe topped with a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup, almost like a peanut butter blossom.
Yes! You can! I suggest placing the homemade peanut butter cups in the freezer before adding them to your freshly baked cookies though. Homemade peanut butte cups melt quicker than the store-bought version.
This recipe will make 24 cookies. These filled cookies are the size of a mini muffin.
You will need a mini muffin pan for these peanut butter cup cookies. This allows the cookies to bake in a cup form so that you can add the mini Reese’s to the center. Make sure to grease your mini muffin pan before adding the dough.
These cookies come out soft and flaky when they are done. The peanut butter cup adds a great second texture and flavor to the cookies. The peanut butter cup also gets a little melty after adding it to the center.
These cookies are great for the holiday season. They are similar to the classic peanut butter blossoms, but with a mini Reese’s in the center instead of a Hershey’s kiss. Both make great additions to a cookie exchange or holiday party!
Recipe Tips and Notes
Make sure you scrape down the side of the bowl to fully incorporate your ingredients.
Be sure to add the peanut butter cup to the cookie as soon as it’s done baking. This will allow the peanut butter cup to literally melt into the center of the cookie.
Store leftovers in a plastic bag or Tupperware in the fridge or on the counter.
These homemade peanut butter cup cookies are a classic treat that everyone will love. It combines two great flavors – peanut butter and chocolate – in one easy dessert recipe.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour 180 grams
- ½ teaspoon baking soda 3 grams
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 113 grams (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- ½ cup brown sugar 107 grams
- 1 large egg 50 grams
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter 135 grams
- 24 mini peanut butter cups 168 grams, see note
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.1½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar, mixing on medium speed until they are combined. Add in the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and continue to mix on medium speed until the mixture resembles wet sand.½ cup unsalted butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, slowing mixing to combine the flour into the dough. Use a rubber spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Scoop the dough into 1½-inch balls of dough into the prepared mini muffin tin.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until the cookies begin to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and quickly add a peanut butter cup to the center of each cookie and press down. Repeat until all of the cookies are done.24 mini peanut butter cups
- Remove cookies from pan and allow to cool.
- PB Cups: Freeze the unwrapped peanut butter cups while you prepare the cookies. They are much easier, and less messy, to push into the warm cookies if they are frozen.
- Make sure you scrape down the side of the bowl to fully incorporate your ingredients.
- Be sure to add the peanut butter cup to the cookie as soon as it’s done baking. This will allow the peanut butter cup to literally melt into the center of the cookie.
- I used a 1½ inch cookie scoop and had enough to make 24 cookies.