If you’re searching for a crispy cookie that has pumpkin flavor, look no further! Celebrate the Autumn season with these delicious Pumpkin Madeleines.
Easy Pumpkin Madeleines Recipe
As fall arrives, stores start stocking the shelves with all things pumpkin. However, you don’t have to go to the store for Pumpkin Madeleines because you can make them at home using this recipe!
Madeleines are a cookie that have a crunchy exterior but a soft interior. They are great for dipping into coffee or hot chocolate.
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Madeleine Cookies Recipe:
- Decadent treat: These cookies are full of flavor. They melt in your mouth and are perfect if you love pumpkin-flavored goodies!
- Easy dessert recipe: The recipe is easy to make. You won’t have to spend all day in the kitchen to bake these delicious cookies!
- Simple ingredients: You only need 7 common ingredients to make these pumpkin flavored madeleines. You probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already!
How to Make Pumpkin Madeleines
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Beat your eggs and sugar.
- Gently fold in the pumpkin puree, flour, pumpkin spice, and baking powder.
- Add your cooled and melted butter.
- Let chill for 30 minutes.
- Scoop a bit of the batter into each mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, let them cool, and enjoy.
Although they contain ingredients similar to the ones you’d use to prepare cake, these Pumpkin Madeleines are much more like cookies because of their crisper exterior. The cookies are make in a special mold while cakes are baked in pans.
The madeleines have a bump because you will place the batter in the fridge and allow it to chill before you bake them. When they’re baking, steam causes them to burst a bit, leading to that small hump you’ll see.
You can make them moist and delicious by using cooled melted butter in the batter that you’ll prepare before you bake them. The pumpkin puree also adds moisture to the cookies.
Once your madeleines are cooled, you can drizzle white chocolate or frosting over the top of them. This is optional, but makes for an even more impressive treat.
Although they are classified as a cookie, these madeleines are great for breakfast time. They are perfect for dunking into coffee in the morning and make a good grab and go breakfast option.
Recipe Tips and Notes
Preheat your oven while you’re waiting for the batter to chill in the fridge! The oven will be nice and hot when you’re ready to bake the Pumpkin Madeleines.
Store in an airtight food storage container to preserve freshness.
You can drizzle melted white chocolate on top for extra pizzazz.
If you want a crunchy cookie with a soft interior that tastes just like fall, these pumpkin madeleines are what you need. They are simple to make and perfect with a cup of coffee.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Pumpkin Madeleines Cookie Recipe
- 2 large eggs 100 grams
- ½ cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 120 grams
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree 57 grams
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 3 grams
- ½ teaspoon baking powder 2 grams
- ½ cup unsalted butter 113 grams, melted and cooled (1 stick)
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed until they are smooth, pale yellow, and creamy, about 8 minutes.2 large eggs, ½ cup granulated sugar
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.1 cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add the melted and cooled butter (it should still be liquid, but not warm to the touch). Fold the butter into the batter gently.½ cup unsalted butter
- Transfer the batter to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Towards the end of the chilling step, preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a madeleine pan with melted butter and nonstick spray.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each mold, making sure to fill each one about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the madeleines are light brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat your oven while you’re waiting for the batter to chill in the fridge! The oven will be nice and hot when you’re ready to bake the Pumpkin Madeleines.
- You can drizzle melted white chocolate on top for extra pizzazz.
Leave a Review