Halloween Monster Rice Krispie Treats
Servings: 16 people
If you are looking for a super easy treat for Halloween, you have to try these Monster Rice Krispie Treats! They are semi-homemade and so fun! Kids and adults will love them.
- 16 individually wrapped premade Rice Krispies treats (or homemade cut into rectangles)
- 12 ounces candy melts I used a variety of colors for this recipe: Green, Orange and Blue
- Colored sprinkles
- Candy eyes in assorted sizes
Unwrap your rice krispie treats and lay out on parchment paper or plastic cutting board.
16 individually wrapped premade Rice Krispies treats
Place your sprinkles onto a plate or wide bowl and set by your working surface.
Pour candy melts into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the candies are melted through and smooth.
12 ounces candy melts
Dip half of a rice krispie treat into the melted candy. Smooth out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
While the candy is still wet on the krispie treat, dip the top into the sprinkles or use a small spoon to add the sprinkles onto the krispie treat.
Add several candy eyes to the front of the krispie treat before the candy sets (it will set quickly) and place down on your parchment paper.
Candy eyes in assorted sizes
Repeat with the remaining treats. Allow the monsters to cool before serving, enjoy!
- For serving at a party, you can stick a straw into the bottom of the rice krispie treat.
- We used Wilton candy melts. I’ve made these in the past with Michael’s store brand candy melts and they worked great too.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 10mg | Sugar: 6g