If you are looking for a super easy treat for Halloween, you have to try these Monster Rice Krispie Treats! They are semi-homemade and so fun! Kids and adults will love them.
Semi-Homemade Monster Rice Krispies (Craft Idea)
Halloween as a kid is so much fun. You get to dress up, get all kinds of treats and spend time with friends and family. Halloween as an adult is even more fun!
You get to make super cool treats like these Monster Rice Krispies for parties, to hand out or just because. They are simple to make and don’t require much time.
Why You’ll Love these Monster Rice Krispie Treats:
- Quick to make: These treats come together fast since they are semi-homemade. You will use pre-made Rice Krispies to keep this Halloween snack simple.
- Perfect for sharing: These monster Rice Krispie treats are perfect for sharing! They are great for handing out to trick or treaters or for class parties.
How to make Monster Rice Krispies using Pre-Made Rice Krispie Treats
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Unwrap your Rice Krispie treats.
- Place your sprinkles and candy eyes in bowls.
- Add your colored candy melts to microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave the chocolates in 15 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of the Rice Krispie treat into one of the colors of melted chocolate.
- Add your sprinkles and candy eyes while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow to cool and harden before serving.
You will need 16 Rice Krispie treats for these monster snacks. Unwrap, dip and decorate your treats to make these easy Halloween surprises.
Yes! You can! Follow my Easter Rice Krispie recipe here, minus the M&Ms and white chocolate. I would also put the homemade Rice Krispies in the freezer for a few minutes before dipping them in melted chocolate.
Once your monster Rice Krispie treats have cooled and hardened, place them in individual cellophane bags. Secure the top with a ribbon or twist tie and they are ready for handing out!
If you can unwrap, melt and dip then you can make these Halloween treats. They are so simple and great if you want to get the kids involved. No cooking required!
You can use any colored chocolate melts that you would like for these cute little monsters. Add a variety of different shaped eyes to give them a playful look.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Make sure to stir the chocolate well between melting it in the microwave. The chocolate can burn quickly so watch it carefully.
- You can drizzle any leftover melted chocolate over the Rice Krispies to make them extra festive.
- Place any leftover monster Rice Kripies in a plastic bag or Tupperware. They are fine on the counter.
Everyone will love these easy Halloween treats. They are easy to make and kids will love helping create their own monster. Use them for class parties or hand them out to trick or treaters on Halloween night
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Halloween Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 individually wrapped premade Rice Krispies treats (or homemade cut into rectangles)
- 12 ounces candy melts I used a variety of colors for this recipe: Green, Orange and Blue
- Colored sprinkles
- Candy eyes in assorted sizes
- Unwrap your rice krispie treats and lay out on parchment paper or plastic cutting board.16 individually wrapped premade Rice Krispies treats
- Place your sprinkles onto a plate or wide bowl and set by your working surface.
- Pour candy melts into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the candies are melted through and smooth.12 ounces candy melts
- Dip half of a rice krispie treat into the melted candy. Smooth out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- While the candy is still wet on the krispie treat, dip the top into the sprinkles or use a small spoon to add the sprinkles onto the krispie treat.Colored sprinkles
- Add several candy eyes to the front of the krispie treat before the candy sets (it will set quickly) and place down on your parchment paper.Candy eyes in assorted sizes
- Repeat with the remaining treats. Allow the monsters to cool before serving, enjoy!
- For serving at a party, you can stick a straw into the bottom of the rice krispie treat.
- We used Wilton candy melts. I’ve made these in the past with Michael’s store brand candy melts and they worked great too.