The Island Green Smoothie is healthy, delicious, and perfect for breakfast or quick meals. This Tropical Smoothie copycat recipe is so easy to make, and will be your new go-to.
Homemade Island Green Smoothies (Tropical Smoothie Copycat Recipe)
This is one of the best green smoothie recipes ever. It’s good for you, it’s so quick to make, and it’s absolutely delicious!
This copycat Island Green Smoothie is so simple, and simplicity is key for quick and healthy meals or snacks. It’s filled with tropical fruits, greens, and coconut water.
You’ll love this smoothie for breakfast, a pick-me-up between meals, or something to fill up on before a workout.
Why You’ll Love this Island Green Smoothie Recipe:
- Healthy: This recipe is nothing but fruit and greens, making it a super healthy option.
- Quick: It won’t take you more than 5 minutes to make this drink, so you can throw it together even when you’re short on time.
- Delicious: This tropical green smoothie is so fruity, refreshing, and delicious! You’ll absolutely love the taste.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that this is a copycat recipe for an existing product. Tropical Smoothie Cafe is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Island Green Smoothies from Tropical Smoothie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Gather and measure out your ingredients.
- Place everything into the blender.
- Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a glass, drink, and enjoy!
- You can also stir in extra ingredients or add toppings if you prefer.
The ingredients list here is so simple. It’s made with frozen banana slices, pineapple and mango chunks, greens (you can use spinach or kale), and coconut water.
I highly recommend using frozen fruit for your smoothie. It creates the perfect thick and icy consistency. It’s just not quite the same with fresh fruits.
Yes, this green smoothie recipe is definitely healthy! There’s nothing added to it besides fruit, greens, and coconut water, so you know it’s nutritious. This is one of the reasons I love making smoothies at home, because I know exactly what’s in them. No added sugars or surprise ingredients.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you want to make a larger portion or another smoothie, just double the recipe, keeping the same ratio of ingredients.
- Add in a scoop of protein powder to make the perfect pre- or post-workout drink.
- Try other add-ins, like chia seeds or Greek yogurt. Or top it off with coconut flakes or fresh berries.
- If you want to turn this Island green smoothie into a smoothie BOWL, use ½ cup of coconut water instead of a full cup to create a thicker consistency. Then top it with fresh fruits, seeds, coconut, or anything you want.
This Tropical Smoothie copycat Island Green Smoothie recipe is truly delicious. It’s so quick and easy to make at home, and will satisfy any sweet cravings you have while still being healthy.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Island Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen banana slices
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup spinach or kale packed
- 1 cup coconut water
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.1 cup fresh or frozen banana slices, ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks, ½ cup frozen mango chunks, 1 cup spinach or kale, 1 cup coconut water
- Serve immediately.
- Optional Add-Ins: Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Protein Powder, or Greek Yogurt.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how many servings you would like to make.
- Using frozen fruit is key in a great smoothie– it helps create that delicious thick consistency.
- To make a smoothie bowl, reduce the coconut water to ½ cup and top with your desired toppings (fresh pineapple, banana, coconut, and chia seeds are great options).
Leave a Review