Prepare a sweet and creamy treat that will satisfy your taste buds. This Banana Bread Pudding is an easy dessert recipe that you will want to make over and over again.
Easy Banana Bread Pudding for Breakfast or Dessert
If you have ever had bread pudding, you should try this Banana Bread Pudding Recipe. The flavorful dessert consists of cubed bread, sliced bananas, vanilla extract, and more.
It is the kind of treat you can eat for breakfast or as a snack when you are in the mood to have something sweet. Prepare it in advance and eat it fresh from the oven or store it in the fridge and heat it when you want to eat it. You can also eat the Banana Bread Pudding cold!
Why you'll love this Banana Bread Pudding recipe
- Simple to make - The ingredients contain basic ingredients that you probably have on hand already. A few steps and some bake time and you have a delicious bread pudding.
- Customizable - While the bananas are a perfect touch, you can always add a few extra ingredients into the pudding, such as chopped nuts or raisins.
- Crowd friendly - You can expect your family to enjoy this Bananas Foster Bread Pudding just as much as you do! You can also easily double or triple the recipe to feed a large group of people.
How to make Banana Bread Pudding
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the chopped bread and bananas in a prepared baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the liquid over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze and drizzle over the bread pudding after baking.
What is bread pudding?
Bread pudding is a traditional dessert commonly created using stale bread and typical pudding ingredients, such as cream and milk.
You can add different fruits and other ingredients to it to give it more flavor, such as bananas and raisins.
Is bread pudding dry?
The dessert is not dry. While you may think it is because it contains bread, the other ingredients keep this dish moist and flavorful.
Make sure you store it properly in a food container with an airtight lid to keep the pudding fresh.
Is bread pudding for breakfast or dessert?
The Banana Bread Pudding is versatile enough to eat for breakfast or dessert. It all depends on when you want it!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use ripe bananas when preparing the Banana Bread Pudding because of the sweeter taste they will bring to the dish.
- Buy hearty bread from your local grocery store or prepare it at home before using it in this recipe. Leave it out the day before so that it becomes slightly hard.
- Have leftovers? Keep your pudding in the fridge in an airtight container for up to five days.
Banana bread pudding is a decadent dessert that is ready in under an hour. The glaze takes it over the top and makes it one that you will want to make over and over again.
More pudding recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Banana Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups hearty bread cubed
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced bananas
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the bread cubes and bananas in a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for about 40 minutes.
- For the glaze, combine the glaze ingredients and drizzle over top.