With just 10 minutes of prep time and an hour of baking, Banana Bread recipes don’t get much easier than this one! This moist, perfectly baked banana bread loaf is rich with real banana flavor and has just the right amount of added sweetness.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
There’s a reason everyone made banana bread during quarantine – it’s a classic treat that’s both easy and delicious! It works both as a sweet breakfast item or as a dessert after dinner, meaning you can enjoy slices of this bread all day long.
I always get a little excited when I see that the bananas I bought a few days ago are starting to go bad, because that means it’s time to make my favorite banana bread! This easy recipe has been a staple in my house for many years, and always helps me use my ripe bananas.
Of all the banana bread recipes out there, this tried and true one is still my favorite. It balances the sweetness of the sugar and bananas perfectly with just a pinch of cinnamon. If you’re looking for an easy, classic banana bread, you’ve found just the right recipe.
Why you’ll love this Homemade Banana Bread
- Classic: Banana bread is a simple treat that’s loved by pretty much everyone. I love sticking with the classics, and this recipe is truly a classic!
- Hassle free: Sometimes, bread recipes can be notorious for being stressful. Well, not this banana bread recipe! It’s quick, easy, and stress free.
- Spring/Summer: During the sunnier months, I love sweet, summery treats like banana bread. It’s perfect for this time of year!
How to make Banana Bread
- Add the butter and bananas to a bowl, then combine them.
- Mix in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Fully combine all ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan and smooth.
- Store or serve. Enjoy!
How do I know when the banana bread is done baking?
Insert a long toothpick into the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, you know the bread is done baking.
Also, make sure the bread doesn’t get too brown! While it should brown slightly on top, too much browning means the bread is burned.
How long will it stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, homemade banana bread will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze banana bread?
Yes, this banana bread actually freezes wonderfully!
Once it’s baked and fully cooled to room temperature, place the banana bread in an airtight, freezer-safe container. It also helps to wrap the loaf itself in plastic wrap.
In the freezer, the banana bread will stay fresh for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, just let it thaw at room temperature for about an hour. It should be good as new!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Add some crunchy texture to the bread by tossing in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter.
- Do you like chocolate and bananas together? Me too! Add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips to this recipe to make this bread even sweeter.
- Your bananas should be decently ripe before mixing into this batter. You can tell if they’re ready by giving them a gentle squeeze – if they’re a bit softer than normal, they should be good to go. Also, they should have plenty of brown spots!
- Drizzle some caramel sauce on top for a sweet addition.
This quick and easy banana bread recipe is sweet, bursting with fresh banana flavor, and incredibly soft.
More quick bread recipes we love
- Glazed Lemon Cranberry Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Butterscotch Monkey Bread
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread with Apple Cider Sauce
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Best Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas- smashed
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and prepare a loaf pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add butter and bananas into a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until there are no dry spots remaining. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. NOTE: Keep an eye on the bread to make sure it does not get too brown. If it does tent with a bit of aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
- Remove from oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.