Banana Cream Pie Poke Cake is an easy cake mix recipe that is sweet, flavorful, and delicious. Light and full of banana flavor, this is the perfect anytime cake!
Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
Pudding and cake – is there a more decadent combination? Each bite of this banana poke cake is fluffy, creamy, and bursting with banana flavor. Covered in smooth Cool Whip and topped with banana slices and vanilla wafers, it’s a texture lover’s dream.
Not only is banana pudding cake delicious, it’s wonderfully easy to make. To save time, this recipe calls for boxed cake mix and instant banana pudding mix. While I try to make from-scratch desserts as often as possible, you really can’t taste a difference in this cake. Once the cake and pudding are all dressed up, they’re just as good as homemade.
Whether you make this easy cake mix recipe for a backyard barbecue, baby shower, or any other celebration, you’ll be so glad you did! It’s simple to make, always a hit, and everyone asks for seconds. This is a tried and true cake recipes you’ll likely find yourself making over and over again!
Why You’ll Love this Banana Pudding Cake Recipe
- Simple: With basic ingredients and easy steps, this cake is incredibly simple to make.
- Creamy: Each bite of poke cake is filled with creamy banana pudding.
- Flavorful: Between the banana pudding and sliced bananas on top, there’s plenty of delicious banana flavor in every bite.
How to Make Banana Cream Pie Poke Cake – with Cake Mix
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package instructions.
- Poke holes all over the cake with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk together.
- Pour the pudding mix evenly over the cake and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Top the cake with Cool Whip, whole and crumbled vanilla wafers, and fresh banana slices.
How long will banana cream pie poke cake stay fresh?
Be sure to store this cake in the refrigerator, not on the counter. In an airtight container in the refrigerator, this cake will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
How can I add even more banana flavor?
For even more banana flavor, add 1 teaspoon of pure banana extract to the cake batter. Be careful, though, as a little extract goes a long way.
Why hasn’t the pudding set?
If the banana pudding hasn’t set after an hour of refrigeration, let it chill for an additional 30 minutes. After this point, if it’s still not set, you may have added a bit too much milk. Make sure to carefully follow the recipe to avoid this issue.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When poking holes in the cake, try to make sure they are evenly spaced so each slice has pudding in it.
- If the Cool Whip is in the freezer, remember to let it thaw before spreading on top of the cake.
- In addition to the wafers and banana slices, top the cake with toasted coconut, walnuts, and sprinkles.
This banana pudding poke cake is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. I love making this cake for parties!
More Easy Cake Recipes We Love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Banana Cream Pie Poke Cake Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix 1 box
- Eggs, oil, and water per cake mix directions
- 6.8 ounces instant banana pudding mix 2 packages
- 4 cups milk cold
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 ½ cups vanilla wafers
- 1 banana sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick spray.15.25 ounces yellow cake mix, Eggs, oil, and water per cake mix directions
- Prepare the cake mix and bake the cake per the box directions. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon (chopstick) and poke a hole almost to the bottom of the cake. Repeat this process all over the cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk just until combined. Immediately pour the pudding evenly over the cake.6.8 ounces instant banana pudding mix, 4 cups milk
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour to let the pudding set.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator. Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cake.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Place some whole wafers on top of the Cool Whip, then crush the rest of the wafers and sprinkle the crumbs over the top. Place the banana slices over the crumbs prior to serving.1 ½ cups vanilla wafers, 1 banana