This sinfully delicious Better Than Sex Dessert is chocolatey, sweet, creamy, and will make you absolutely insatiable! Also known as a lush, this chilled dessert has layers upon layers of sweet decadence.
Better than Sex Cake
I don’t often buy boxed cake mixes, but when I do, it’s because I want to dress them up! This fluffy lush dessert is decadently sweet and delicious – you’d never know the base is chocolate cake from a box.
This easy chocolate dessert recipe starts with a chocolate cake base that’s topped with a sweet cream and caramel sauce and layer of whipped cream. Garnish the layered cake with a sprinkle of chopped toffee and caramel drizzle for the ultimate dessert.
While the name might make you blush, each bite is sure to make you smile. With such a playful name, it’s always fun to make this dessert for bachelorette parties and ladies’ nights!
Why You’ll Love this Better than Anything Dessert Recipe
- LAYERS: Between the sweet and sticky chocolate-y caramel base and the fluffy whipped topping, it’s easy to lose yourself in this layered lush.
- CHILLED: This chilled chocolate dessert is a wonderful make-ahead dessert option. The longer it chills, the better it tastes!
- EASY: Better than sex cake comes together quickly with just a few already-prepared ingredients. No muss, no fuss!
How to Make Better than Sex Cake
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package instructions.
- Poke holes all over the cake with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
- Pour the creamy caramel evenly over the cake and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Top the cake with Cool Whip, chopped toffee, and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
How long will this chocolate lush stay fresh?
Store this chocolate dessert in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Honestly, I enjoy this cake even more the longer it chills!
What else can I top this dessert with?
Toffee bits are my go-to topping for better than sex cake. Instead of toffee, try crushed Oreos, chopped Snickers or Butterfinger candy bars, chocolate chips, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Do I have to use a boxed cake mix?
While using a boxed cake mix saves time, feel free to make a homemade chocolate cake as the base layer for this dessert.
Recipe Tips and Tricks for the Ultimate Chocolate Dessert
- When choosing a chocolate cake mix, devil’s food is my go-to. It’s slightly richer than classic chocolate cake mix, with the same great chocolate flavor.
- Make this dessert ahead of time! This lush tastes even better the longer it chills – be sure to keep it covered in the refrigerator so it stays fresh.
- Before adding the whipped topping, make sure the cake is completely cool (and hour in the refrigerator should do the trick!). If the cake is still warm, the Cool Whip will melt quickly.
Playfully named and decadently layered, this better than sex cake recipe really has it all!
More Chocolate Cake Recipes We Love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Better than Sex Dessert Recipe
- 15.25 ounces boxed chocolate cake mix prepared to box instructions
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces caramel sauce
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- ½ cup toffee candy chopped
- Extra caramel sauce for garnish
- Bake the chocolate cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to the directions on the cake mix box.15.25 ounces boxed chocolate cake mix
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly over the top of the cake. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 14 ounces caramel sauce
- Pour the caramel mixture over the warm cake, making sure to fill the holes.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Once the cake has chilled, spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with chopped toffee. Drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!8 ounces Cool Whip, ½ cup toffee candy, Extra caramel sauce for garnish
- Storage: This is a great make-ahead dessert and tastes even better after chilling for several hours! Store cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Cake Holes: Try not to poke holes all the way through to the bottom of the cake, just make a pocket for the caramel mixture to collect.
- Toffee: Chopped Heath bars are a wonderful option for the toffee candy topping. Chopped Butterfinger, Snickers, or Reese’s cups would also be delicious!