Use apples to prepare a sweet treat with this Apple Crisp recipe. It is easy to prepare and tastes great by itself or with or ice cream.
Best Apple Crisp Recipe
Are you trying to find the perfect simple dessert recipe to follow? If so, this Apple Crisp recipe is just what you need. It consists of a few ingredients, such as apples, sugar, and ground cinnamon, to create a flavorful dessert that is undeniably good.
Apple Crisp is a light and flavorful dessert. It tastes a lot like a fresh slice of apple pie without all the extra crust included.
This is the best Apple Crisp recipe because it is simple, easy to follow, and will leave with you a sweet dessert to eat on its own or with ice cream, yogurt, and other delicious desserts.
Why you’ll love this Apple Crumble recipe
- Versatile – You can serve it warm or cold! It tastes fantastic either way.
- Use up produce – It is the perfect way to use apples before they go bad. If you bought apples and no one is eating them, use them to prepare this recipe!
- Easier than apple pie – It is the perfect dish for apple pie lovers. It is easier to make than apple pie, but it has the same great taste.
How to make Homemade Apple Crisp
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold your apple slices into a bowl with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish.
- Mix together the topping ingredients.
- Spread the topping over the apples and bake for up to 40 minutes
What Type of Apples Work Best?
Granny Smith apples are best to use when preparing Apple Crisp. They have a naturally sweet taste to them that makes this dish taste fantastic.
Can I Double the Recipe?
You can double the recipe if you want to make Apple Crisp for several people. If you double the recipe, use a 9×13 pan.
What Topping Should I Put on My Apple Crisp?
Add some of your favorite toppings to the Apple Crisp. Some of the toppings that taste great with it include ice cream, yogurt, and caramel sauce.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Heat any cold leftovers in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make it taste like your Apple Crisp is coming straight from the oven again. Of course, you can eat it cold if you prefer it that way!
- Be sure to store your Apple Crisp in a food container with an airtight lid to keep it fresh. It will stay good in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you do not have Granny Smith apples, the best alternatives to use are Cortland apples.
Apple crisp is a fall favorite, although it’s great year round! It’s a great alternative to homemade apple pie that saves pie and is still big on flavor. Grab your favorite vanilla ice cream and whip up this easy dessert recipe today!
More fruity dessert recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Best Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 medium-sized Granny Smith Apples 3 cups sliced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Topping:
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter – melted
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with a non-stick spray.
- Cut 4 medium-sized apples into ¼ inch thick slices. If the apples are on the larger side then only 3 will be needed.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, fold together the apples, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and cinnamon. Pour the apples into a prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, fold the topping ingredients until large crumbles are formed. Spread the topping mixture over the apples. Bake for 35-40 minutes, check it around 25 minutes. Done when the top is a golden brown color and the apples are soft.
- Recipe can be doubled for a 9×13 pan.
- Can be served warm or cooled.
- Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To serve from refrigerated, microwave in a safe bowl for 10-15 seconds.