This fresh and delicious strawberry jello pie is the ultimate summer dessert. It’s perfect for pool parties, potlucks, and all other kinds of celebrations!
No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
Strawberries are officially in season! The best way to celebrate their arrival is by whipping up one of these easy, sweet, and simple strawberry jello pies.
This pie is so fruity and fresh, it’s almost like eating candy! The best part is that most of the sweetness is naturally from the juicy berries themselves.
If you love fresh strawberries and easy dessert recipes, this is going to be your new favorite treat!
Why you’ll love this Easy Strawberry Jello Pie
- Fresh: Strawberries are always the sweetest and juiciest during the spring and summertime. Make this pie while you can still get your hands on them!
- Fun: I think any excuse to use jello in the kitchen is just plain fun!
- Kid approved: All kids love jello! When you tell them you’re making a jello pie, they’re bound to be excited.
How to make Strawberry Jello Pie
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Bake the pie crust.
- Cut and arrange the strawberries in the baked pie crust.
- Create the jello mixture.
- Cool the jello mixture.
- Pour the cool jello mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the strawberry pie.
- Make the homemade whipped cream.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, and enjoy!
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Technically, yes, but it really won’t be the same. Fresh berries have a firmer shape and are much more satisfying to bite into than thawed berries.
Additionally, the previously frozen berries may or may not hold their shape in the jello pie.
However, if you’re unable to find any fresh berries, you can attempt to use frozen ones by allowing them to thaw first at room temperature for a few hours. Then, follow the instructions accordingly.
Why isn’t my jello setting?
Making jello can sometimes feel like a science experiment! If you add too much or too little of an ingredient, it can throw the whole thing out of whack.
If the jello is still thin and runny after cooling for 15-20 minutes, you might have added a bit too much water.
Whenever I make this recipe, I always buy an extra jello box or two, just in case this happens. If your mixture is too thin, start over with a new box and add less water.
How long will strawberry jello pie stay fresh?
Make sure to cover the pie dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so it stays fresh! Any other pie container with an airtight lid should also do the trick.
Once it’s in an airtight container or wrap, place the pie in the fridge, where it will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you want this dessert to be truly homemade, consider making a Homemade Pie Crust!
- To amplify the strawberry flavor even more, add a few drops of strawberry extract to the jello mix or homemade whipped cream. Just be careful – a little goes a long way.
- The pie needs a minimum of 4 hours to set, but allowing it to set overnight is the safest bet.
After taking a bite of this juicy, sweet, fresh strawberry jello pie, you’ll be ready for sunshine and happy days! This easy to make strawberry dessert is perfect for spring and summer occasions.
More pie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
- 1 pint Fresh Strawberries sliced
- 9" Pie Crust
- 3 oz Strawberry Jello
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Start with baking your pie crust according to instructions (You can also use pre-cooked pie crust or even graham cracker crust that’s pre-made). Once the pie crust is baked and golden brown, set aside and allow it to cool.
- Cut the strawberries and arrange them around the outside later of the pie shell first, then work your way to the center. You can also leave the strawberries intact if you are short of time.
- In a medium saucepan mix the water, sugar, and cornstarch and stir over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar mixture has thickened.Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the jello packet. Stir until combined.
- Place the jello mixture into the refrigerator and allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes. (You need the mixture to thicken to stick to the strawberries and not completely sink to the bottom of the pie shell.)
- Remove the jello mixture from the refrigerator and pour evenly over the strawberries. Refrigerate the strawberry pie until the jello mixture has had time to fully set, at least 4 hours.
- Make the homemade whipped cream just before serving. Add 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 Tablespoons of confectioners sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix the cream for 3-4 minutes or until the cream has whipped and formed peaks.
- When ready to serve, slice the pie and top with fresh whipped cream.