Sweet, juicy, and delightfully filled with sunshine, this easy Dole Whip recipe is going to make your summer ten times more delicious! This Disney copycat recipe only calls for six simple ingredients and takes under ten minutes from start to finish.
Homemade Dole Whip – Disney Recipe
Calling all Disney fanatics, young and old! Next time you’re craving a cup of sweet dole whip from the Sunshine Tree Terrace, you won’t need to battle the crowds and dig deeply into your pockets. This copycat recipe is sure to hit the spot!
Of all the Disney snacks we love, this is definitely one of the best, especially on a hot summer day. There’s no way to explain just how insanely refreshing an ice cold dole whip really is, you just have to try it!
Made with only six inexpensive ingredients like pineapple chunks and vanilla ice cream, you can now enjoy this Disney classic snack in the comfort of your own home and not break the bank. So, put on your favorite Disney movie, and get to blending!
Why you’ll love this Disney Copycat recipe
- Copycat: 2020 taught us all a lot of lessons, and one of those was to master your favorite copycat recipes at home! When going to Disney isn’t an option because of travel restrictions, budget restrictions, or anything else, that shouldn’t mean that you can’t enjoy authentic dole whip at home!
- Summer in a cup: Pineapple is one of those ingredients that practically screams “summer,” the same way gingerbread screams “Christmas!” It truly wouldn’t be a complete summer in my house without making this easy dole whip at least once a week.
- Easy: It’s really as simple as blend and serve… Recipes really don’t get much easier than this one! If you have a really nice blender, this might not even take you a full ten minutes overall.
How to make Dole Whip
- Toss all of the ingredients into your blender.
- Serve immediately.
Yes… It’s really that easy.
What are some good variations to try?
Really, the list of variations with dole whip is pretty never ending!
Bananas, orange juice, strawberries, and coconut milk are all delicious add-ins to this simple recipe.
You could also make this dole whip boozy by adding an oz of dark or light rum, or even coconut rum!
Should I cut up a fresh pineapple, or use canned?
Honestly, I’ve made it both ways and haven’t noticed a big difference. Personally, I like to use canned pineapple because then I can also use the juice it comes in! Plus, it saves me time from having to cut my own pineapple.
If you plan on using fresh pineapple, you can freeze it 24 hours in advance by placing cut pineapple on a parchment lined cookie sheet. If not used, place pineapple in freezer bag and try to remove as much air as possible.
Just remember to freeze whatever pineapple chunks you use so your dole whip is nice and icy!
Can I freeze the dole whip?
Yes, but for only up to about 40 minutes. After that, it becomes too hard to really enjoy.
Remember, you want to serve your dole whip while it’s nice and soft, so don’t forget about it in the freezer! This isn’t a make-ahead dessert, so I recommend making it as soon as you plan on serving it.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Blend for longer than you usually would with a smoothie. The goal here is to make the pineapple mixture in the blender light and airy to reach the perfect dole whip consistency.
- As your blending, stop every few pulses and scrape down the sides. That way, you don’t end up with big chunks of pineapple in your smooth dole whip!
- If you want to make sure your dole whip is picture perfect (so you can rightfully show it off on social media), use a piping bag to swirl it into individual cups.
Celebrate summer the right way with this Disney copycat dole whip recipe!
More frozen recipes we love
- S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich
- Red Velvet Ice Cream
- Bulletproof Coffee Smoothie
- Frozen Coconut Caramel Frappe
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Dole Whip Disney Copycat Recipe
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend for three minutes or until the pineapple mixture is light and airy.
- Serve immediately in individual cups.
- You can use a 1M pastry tip and piping bag to get that classic Dole Whip look.
- If you are not serving this right away you can store in the freezer for up to 40 minutes and still be able to easily scoop or pipe into serving cups.
- Stop the blender and scrape down the sides of the blender if blender is struggling to blend the frozen pineapple chunks.
- You can freeze your own fresh pineapple 24 hours in advance by placing cut pineapple on a parchment lined cookie sheet. If not used, place pineapple in freezer bag and remove as much air as possible.
- Try coconut milk instead of vanilla ice cream for a yummy substitute!