Love chocolate cake, but not the frosting?! These super easy chocolate cake mix cookies are just what you need to get the best of both worlds.
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
I promise, everyone will love these cookies and think they are made from scratch! Made with a box of chocolate cake mix and a cup of chocolate chips, these cookies come out soft, chewy, and delicious!
You get the best of both worlds with this recipe! The best cookie type if you love both cake and cookies.
Why You’ll Love this Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe:
- So easy to make: Since you are essentially just using a box of cake mix with added chocolate chips, these cookies are so easy to make.
- You can add ice cream: I love to eat these cookies while they’re still warm topped with ice cream. It makes a delicious treat on warm days.
- They make the perfect snack: Young or old, everyone will love these delicious double chocolate chip cookies.
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cake Mix
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray or line it with parchment paper, and set it to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, vegetable oil, egg yolks, and egg. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon golfball-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake your cookies for 16-18 minutes.
This recipe is essentially having you make soft, chewy cake-like chocolate chip cookies. So, you’ll want to get a box of chocolate cake mix. You could also do the triple chocolate fudge cake mix for an even sweeter treat!
You will want to bake these cookies for 16 to 18 minutes. Your cookies are done when they have a slightly firm golden edge or bottom and appear to be set on top.
You can store your cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag on the counter for up to 3 days. After 3 days, they won’t be as soft and chewy, but you can still eat them.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Space out the dough. Make sure you space your dough out 1-2 inches apart before baking. Otherwise, the cookies just melt and cook together.
- Add more chocolate chips. If you like your cookies sweeter, add in another half a cup of chocolate chips.
- Eat them warm or cool. If you prefer to eat warm cookies, only let them cool for about 5 or 10 minutes. Otherwise, let them cool completely.
These deliciously chewy cookies can be packed in lunches, brought along for car rides, and so much more! Everyone will love them and will never know they aren’t made from scratch.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix 432 grams (1 box)
- ½ cup vegetable oil 100 grams
- 2 egg yolks 28 grams
- 1 large egg 50 grams
- 1 cup chocolate chips 170 grams
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry cake mix, vegetable oil, egg yolks, and egg together.15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 egg yolks, 1 large egg
- Fold in the chocolate chips.1 cup chocolate chips
- Scoop golfball-sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 16-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Make sure you space your dough out 1-2 inches apart before baking. Otherwise, the cookies just melt and cook together.
- If you like your cookies sweeter, add in another half a cup of chocolate chips.
- If you prefer to eat warm cookies, only let them cool for about 5 or 10 minutes. Otherwise, let them cool completely.