America’s favorite cookie is the Oreo, and this Oreo Ice Cream is no different! This flavorful frozen treat will easily satisfy your craving for something sweet and delicious.
What’s in this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe?
The Oreo Ice Cream has bits and pieces of chocolate and vanilla creme sandwich cookies, which contribute to its great texture. When you’re in the mood for a cold and comforting dessert, this is the one to make!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Whips up to make this ice cream light, fluffy, and airy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetens the ice cream and makes it soft and scoopable. Do not use evaporated milk, as it is not the same thing!
- Vanilla Extract: Adds classic vanilla flavor that enhances the sweetness of the ice cream.
- Oreos: Add that classic cookies and cream flavor.
Pro Tip: Once you have poured the ice cream into the loaf pan, you can add extra Oreos on top. Lightly press them in to add an extra crunch to your no-churn ice cream treat.
Variations on Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
It’s so easy to change up this ice cream by simply using a different flavor of Oreo cookie. Try Golden Oreos, lemon, toffee crunch, chocolate hazelnut, mint, or birthday cake! The possibilities are endless.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Oreo is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
Besides calling it Oreo Ice Cream, many people like to call it cookies and cream ice cream!
You can use your hands to break the Oreo cookies into smaller pieces. If you want to make it even easier, place the cookies in a food storage bag, seal it shut, and then roll over them with a rolling pin to crush them into the perfect pieces.
No, you won’t need to have an ice cream maker for this recipe! This Oreo ice cream is an easy no-churn recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker or any other kitchen appliances.
You will want to allow the ice cream to freeze for a minimum of 12 hours. I suggest making it and letting it freeze overnight before serving.
How to Store
Store no churn cookies and cream ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let thaw slightly for about 10 minutes on the counter if it is too hard to scoop.
The recipe is easy enough to follow and will leave you with a tasty treat to eat by itself. Serve a scoop over a brownie, cookies and cream cookie, or a classic chocolate chip cookie to create the perfect base for a sundae. You can also add chopped nuts, hot fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles, or even a cherry.
This ice cream is also delish served next to a slice of chocolate cake, cookies and cream cake, or cookies and cream cheesecake. Use it in a boozy Oreo milkshake, or enjoy it scooped on top of a slice of chocolate cream pie!
No Churn Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream 454 grams
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 396 grams (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- 2 cups crushed Oreos 170 grams
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream forms stiff peaks.2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and fold them together gently.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Once all of the sweetened condensed milk has been incorporated, gently fold in the Oreos.2 cups crushed Oreos
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or a silicone ice cream tub and wrap it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight freezer bag. Place the ice cream in the freezer overnight (or at least 12 hours).
- You can more crushed Oreo cookies to the mix. It depends on how much crunch you’d like to have when eating your ice cream.
- Feel free to use any kind of Oreo cookies you prefer. There are a lot of great options, including carrot cake and brownie Oreo cookies.
- Give the ice cream time to set in the freezer. While it’s best to leave it freezing overnight, give your ice cream a minimum of 12 hours to set.