If you look forward to the fall season because of all the pumpkin-flavored treats available, be sure to follow this easy Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe. It’s sweet, tasty, and easy to make from scratch.
No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
When you’re a pumpkin lover who looks forward to having pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin pie, and other pumpkin-flavored treats, you can’t go wrong with preparing this no-churn Pumpkin Ice Cream. It’s super simple and full of pumpkin flavor.
Best of all, when you know how to make it yourself, you don’t have to wait until the fall season arrives to eat it. Instead, you can have it all throughout the year!
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe:
- No church goodness: This recipe is simple to make and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
- Fall flavors: This pumpkin dessert is full of fall flavors thanks to the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and the pie crust chunks.
How to make Pumpkin Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Beat the heavy whipping cream.
- Add your sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix well.
- Toss in your pie crust pieces and fold them into the mixture.
- Transfer everything into a loaf pan and place it in the fridge for 12 hours.
Pumpkin Ice Cream consists of sweetened condensed milk with heavy cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and pie crust chunks. It’s like eating pumpkin pie in ice cream form!
Pumpkin Ice Cream will taste like a colder version of pumpkin pie. If you love the pie and look forward to eating a slice of it, you’re going to fall in love with the flavor of this ice cream.
You can eat this ice cream by itself or with whipped cream added on top! You may even want to add vanilla cookies on top of your ice cream.
Some people serve this ice cream on top of a slice of pumpkin pie. If you’re a true pumpkin lover, you might want to do that!
The cooked pie crust chunks add a great texture to this pumpkin pie ice cream. You carefully fold those into the mixture so that you don’t break them up to much.
To take this pumpkin dessert over the top, serve it on a slice of homemade pumpkin pie! It would be the perfect fall dessert.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- When adding pie crust chunks, simply buy a premade pie from the store, bake it accordingly, and break it into pieces.
- If you don’t want to use a pie crust, you can use crushed graham crackers or cookies to ice cream.
- Be sure to let the ice cream sit in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours before you serve it.
Pumpkin Ice Cream is flavorful and easy to make. You can have it all year-’round instead of waiting until the fall and winter seasons to find it at your local grocery store.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until the cream becomes whipped cream– about 2 minutes.2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Fold them gently into the whipped cream.1 can sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add the pie crust chunks and fold them in as well.1 cup cooked pie crust chunks
- Transfer the ice cream base to a 9×5 loaf pan and smooth out the top. Wrap the pan in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Once the ice cream is set, scoop and enjoy.
- Store any leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- Serving is 1/2 cup ice cream.
- To make the pie crust chunks, I baked a store-bought pie crust according to the package directions and then broke it into chunks. You could skip this part entirely– or swap it with crushed graham crackers, waffle cones, or gingersnaps.