Indulge in a decadent dessert with these incredible Fudgy Brownies. They’re moist, chocolatey, and delicious! They will have you coming back for seconds and thirds whenever you’re in the mood for something sweet.
Easy Fudgy Brownies Recipe
If you’re a chocolate lover, you need to try these delicious Fudgy Brownies! They are the perfect combination of sweet chocolate flavor. They are easy to make and store beautifully – if you have any leftovers!
Be warned, these moist and delicious brownies are addicting! Your family and friends will love them just as much as you.
Why You’ll Love this Chewy/Fudgy Brownies Recipe:
- Irresistible. The sweet chocolate taste will keep you coming back for more. These brownies are irresistibly good!
- Beginner baker friendly. It’s not hard to make the Fudgy Brownies. Even if you don’t have much baking experience, you can make them with ease.
- Topping friendly. These brownies are perfect for dessert. You can eat them while they’re warm and serve them alongside your favorite ice cream or chocolate sauce.
How to Make Fudgy Brownies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Melt four ounces of chocolate in your microwave.
- Grab a large bowl and mix your butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk in your melted chocolate.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Fold to combine the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the rest of the chocolate chunks and pour into your baking pan.
- Bake the brownies for 20 minutes to 25 minutes.
The difference between fudgy and cakey brownies
Fudgy brownies are soft and chewy, almost like fudge. Cakey brownies are fluffier and have a cake-like texture, which is more crumbly.
There is less flour in fudgy brownies than in their cakey counterparts. This increases the fat-to-flour ratio, making these brownies soft and chewy. To turn a cakey brownie recipe fudgy, remove some flour and add in some more fat, such as an additional egg, more butter, or more melted chocolate.
That’s up to you! Brownies can be both, so pick whichever type you prefer. This recipe is for fudgy brownies, but you can check out this recipe for cakey brownies here.
Dark chocolate will yield the fudgiest, most indulgent brownies, but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer.
You can use any type of cocoa powder you prefer, as long as it’s unsweetened. For a more natural taste, try natural cocoa powder. For a smoother taste, try Dutch-process. For an Oreo-like richness, try black cocoa powder.
If you followed the recipe and your brownies are still too cakey for your liking, you may have incorporated too much air or too much flour into the batter. Try whisking the batter less and spoon your flour into your measuring cup rather than scooping directly from the bag to prevent compacting.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to fold the ingredients instead of over mixing. When you mix too much, the brownies will be more cake-like.
- Check on your brownies while they’re baking. You don’t want to overcook them. so be sure to remove them when the edges start to get slightly crispy.
- Feel free to sprinkle powdered sugar on top of these brownies as an added touch. Some people like to add a caramel drizzle on top.
If you love chocolate, you’re going to enjoy these Fudgy Brownies. They’re easy to prepare, but they’re also a classic treat that everyone in the house can enjoy.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Fudgy Brownies Recipe
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chunks 227 grams, divided
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter 141 grams, melted and slightly cooled (1¼ sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar 198 grams
- 2 large eggs 50 grams, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 8 grams
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour 90 grams
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 21 grams
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals. Set aside to cool.8 ounces dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy and light in color.10 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whisk in the melted chocolate, then sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Fold to incorporate the dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix as this will cause the brownies to be more cake-like in texture.¾ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chunks, then transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove to cool completely.
- Fold: Be sure to fold the ingredients instead of over mixing. When you mix too much, the brownies will be more cake-like.
- Cook: Check on your brownies while they’re baking. You don’t want to overcook them. so be sure to remove them when the edges start to get slightly crispy.
- Decorate: Feel free to sprinkle powdered sugar on top of these brownies as an added touch. Some people like to add a caramel drizzle on top.