Take traditional brownies to the next level with this recipe for Christmas M&M Brownies. This decadent chocolate treat is perfect for kids and adults for the holidays.
If you love decadent and chewy brownies, be sure to give these Christmas M&M Brownies a try. Not only are they loaded with chocolate and M&Ms, they’re also easy to make with only a handful of ingredients.
If you want to make a quick, easy, and festive holiday dessert recipe, this is the one for you.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Brownie Recipe:
- Super simple: These Christmas M&M Brownies are so easy to make using a box of brownie mix with M&M candies. You can’t go wrong.
- Festive treat: These Christmas brownies take a classic brownie and make it extra festive thanks to red and green M&Ms.
How to Make Christmas M&M Brownies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Grab a bowl and prepare your brownie mix as instructed to do so on the box.
- Mix some of the M&Ms into the mixture, spread it out in the baking pan, and then add more M&M candies on top.
- Place the pan in the oven, bake for 25 minutes, and remove from the oven.
It’s best to use the Ghirardelli brownie mix because it’s the most decadent that I have found. However, if you’re unable to find it or would like to use what you have at home, it’s fine to use a different brand.
Absolutely. If you prefer to prepare your own homemade brownie recipe, you can do that and then add the M&M candies in the mixture and on top of the batter.
Be sure to use red and green Christmas-themed cookies. They’re sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
Yes, you can freeze the brownies to save them a bit longer. Be sure to wrap them in plastic wrap, put them in a large food storage bag, seal them shut, and then place them in the freezer.
Enjoy these easy and delicious Christmas M&M Brownies. They don’t take long to prepare, and you’ll end up with the tastiest dessert to serve during the holiday season.
With something as simple as a box of brownie mix and colorful M&Ms in red and green to go with the Christmas theme, you’ll have the perfect brownies ready to enjoy. Best of all, you can make them in advance or prepare them a few minutes before enjoying them while they’re still warm.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use a plastic knife for easy slicing and perfectly clean-cut brownies.
- Make sure you’re letting your brownies cool before you slice into them.
- Add a coating of powdered sugar as a finishing touch if you want to make these brownies even sweeter.
What if I can’t find just red and green M&M’s?
Use colorful M&M’s or purchase a regular bag of M&M’s and sort out the red and green candies.
Can I use another size baking pan?
Yes! Instead of a 9×9-inch square pan, use an 8×8-inch pan (add a couple extra minutes to the bake time) or a 9-inch round pan.
Can I frost these brownies?
Sure. If you want to frost the brownies, be sure to reserve some M&Ms on the side to add after the frosting.
Make these festive Christmas M&M Brownies. They’re a delicious treat that people of all ages can enjoy.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Christmas M&M Brownies Recipe
- 1 standard 18-ounce boxed brownie mix like Ghirardelli
- 2/3 cup red and green M&M’s plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the bownie mix according to the package instructions.1 standard 18-ounce boxed brownie mix
- Stir in the M&M’s and pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Dot the top of the brownie batter with some of the extra M&M’s.2/3 cup red and green M&M’s
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan of brownies on a cooling rack.
- While the brownies are still warm, press a couple more M&M’s into the top of the brownies.
- Cool fully, then cut and serve.
- Storage: Store fully cooled brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 8×8-inch Baking Pan: If using a smaller 8×8-inch baking pan, add a couple extra minutes to the bake time.