This holiday season, treat yourself to some festively delicious Christmas M&M Cookies! These homemade cookies are everything you love about the season, all baked into sweet treats.
Red and Green Candy Cookies for Christmas
These Christmas M&M cookies are always a huge hit at the cookie exchange! I mean really, who doesn’t love a perfectly baked homemade cookie that’s loaded with festively colored chocolate candies? Grandparents, kids, and everyone in between loves them!
I’m sure your local grocery store has something like this in their bakery section, or even in the pre-packaged cookie dough section, but none of those options can hold a candle to the real deal. These homemade cookies are perfectly soft and chewy and loaded with delicious flavor.
While the list of ingredients may seem a tad extensive, I promise that they payoff is so very worth it! Each ingredients plays a apart in ensuring the incredible consistency and mouthwateringly sweet flavor of these Christmas cookies. But of course, the best ingredient of all are the M&M’s!
Why you’ll love this Christmas M&M Cookies recipe
- Festive – Homemade cookies with red, green and white M&M candies are sure to make you feel holly and jolly!
- Delicious – It bears repeating that these homemade cookies are so downright delicious, they put the store-bought stuff to shame.
- Easy – Oh, have I failed to mention that these cookies take just 20 minutes of your time from start to finish?! This is a quick and easy hassle-free recipe.
How to make M&M Cookies for Christmas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Careful not to over beat.
- Fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Cool, then enjoy!
Do I need to refrigerate the cookie dough?
Refrigerating the cookie dough helps the cookies to not spread out as much while baking. While I’ve never run into a spreading issue with this recipe, you can chill the dough for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator prior to baking if you’re afraid of your oven running a bit too hot.
How long will these Christmas M&M cookies stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies should stay deliciously fresh for about 3-4 days! Just be sure to keep them in a cool, dark place and out of direct sunlight.
Can I make these cookies even more festive?
While I think these cookies are plenty festive, you can make them look like Buddy the Elf himself made them by adding a small handful of Christmas colored sprinkles to the cookie dough.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make these cookies fit any holiday by swapping out the M&M’s for another season! Halloween, Valentine’s Day, and even the 4th of July are all seasons that come with colored M&M’s. Get creative!
- DO NOT over beat the dough! That will cause the cookies to go flat while they bake and totally lose their shape. Instead, mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Baking soda tends to clump, so make sure there are no clumps in it before you mix it in with the other ingredients. If you do, you’ll have a hard time breaking it up and getting it to mix well.
Be a star at the cookie exchange this year when you bring a batch of Christmas M&M cookies!
More Holiday Cookie Recipes We Love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Christmas M&M Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup salted butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3.4 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Christmas M&Ms
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper to set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and beat together until combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat on the low seating until just combined. Do not overbeat the flour. Make sure that there are no lumps in the baking soda.
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop out with a cookie scoop (I used a 2” cookie scoop) and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies have set and turned golden.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.