With only three ingredients called for and five minutes of prep time, this M&M Pretzel Bark is here just in time for the crazy holiday season! Crunchy, salty pretzels are coated with rich chocolate and festive M&M candies.
M&M Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
For so many of us, the holiday season means on thing – it’s time to bring on the treats! Cookies, cakes, and candies galore fill our kitchens and our bellies during these chilly winter months.
While so many of those recipes call for hours of prep, don’t worry – you can relax a little with this easy bark recipe!
While the holidays are filled with treats, they’re also notably filled with stress, too. Avoid a lot of that stress with this delicious hassle-free recipe!
And yes, I definitely believe that this is cookie-exchange friendly even though it’s technically not a cookie. It’s just as tasty though, and will save you time during this hectic season.
Why you’ll love this Christmas Bark recipe
- Festive: With red and green colored M&M candies, this easy to make bark is wonderfully festive. Giving this bark to friends and family is a great way to spread Christmas cheer!
- Inexpensive: Save your money for Christmas presents. With this budget-friendly recipe, you only need to buy three simple ingredients.
- No Bake: In the season known for holiday baking, give the oven a deserved break when you make this easy no bake bark recipe.
How to make M&M Pretzel Bark for Christmas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Melt the chocolate bark in the microwave.
- Stir in the pretzels to the melted chocolate.
- Spread the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the M&M candies over the top.
- Chill for an hour.
- Break into pieces.
- Store or serve, and enjoy!
How long will M&M pretzel bark stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, this Christmas bark will stay fresh for about 3-4 days. That’s plenty of time to enjoy it while you’re cuddled up watching your favorite Hallmark movies!
What kind of pretzels should I use for pretzel bark?
You can get a little bit creative here, but I like to use regular sized pretzels! However, you could also use minis, or even large pretzels that are a bit broken up. As long as they’re plain and not flavored with any additional ingredients other than salt, they’ll be good to go.
Can I use white chocolate in this pretzel bark recipe?
You sure can! If you decide to go with white chocolate, just be sure to still use white chocolate bark for the best results. You can even have a little fun and add some red or green food coloring if you decide to go this route.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Don’t try to break this bark up into pieces before it’s ready. It needs the full hour in the fridge to chill and reach the perfect breakable consistency.
- Speaking of breaking, don’t worry if you have lots of mismatched uneven pieces. That’s the fun part about this bark! However, you can also use a knife to chop it up into more even portions if you’d like.
- Try your best to sprinkle the M&M candies evenly over the top of the bark, that way every single piece has the same amount of colorful chocolate pieces!
A little salty, a little sweet, and a whole lot of chocolatey goodness. This is an easy no bake treat that all of your friends and neighbors will love! Make M&M Christmas pretzel bark for cookie exchanges or just to spread a little holiday cheer.
More no bake recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
M&M Christmas Pretzel Bark Recipe
- 16 oz chocolate bark
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate bark in 30-second intervals.16 oz chocolate bark
- Stir in pretzels.2 cups pretzels
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle M&M over top.1 cup M&Ms
- Chill for 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened. Break into pieces and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.