Cookies bars are a classic sweet treat that is perfect for sharing during the holidays. These Christmas 7 layer magic cookie bars are a festive addition to any holiday event.
Festive Magic Cookie Bars
Cookies or cookie bars are always a good idea. These Christmas magic cookie bars are a great idea for the holidays. They are easy to make and full of the classic 7 layer cookie bar taste. Everyone will be trying to grab one of these bars when you take it to your next holiday party.
Why You’ll Love this Magic Bars Recipe:
- Easy to make: Magic cookie bars are a simple recipe that requires layering sweet ingredients together before baking.
- Customizable: You can easily customize these Christmas cookie bars to your tastes or switch out ingredients to match the upcoming holiday.
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. M&M’s is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Christmas 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat the oven and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Crush the snickerdoodle cookies into crumbs.
- Combine the crumbs with butter and press into your prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and M&M’s on top of the snickerdoodles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate on top of the cooled bars.
- Top with red sanding sugar before slicing.
Magic cookie bars are an easy dessert recipe that layers different sweet ingredients together before baking to perfection. The magic is in how they all melt together to create one amazing treat.
Instead of using a food processor, crush the snickerdoodle cookies in a blender or place them into a Ziplock bag and smash them with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
You can use a gingerbread cookie crust in place of the snickerdoodles. You can also use a plain graham cracker crust as well.
For faster cooling, place the bars in the refrigerator prior to cutting. Be careful if using a glass pan – avoid putting hot glass in the refrigerator or it could shatter.
Place a piece of foil over the baking dish and store on the counter. You do not need to refrigerate these magic cookie bars.
Yes, you can freeze 7 layer bars. The best way to do this is to slice the bars and then wrap them in freezer or parchment paper. Place the wrapped bars in a Ziplock bag in the freezer.
Magic cookie bars are a great dessert on their own, but this Christmas version is over the top amazing. The snickerdoodle crust, the white chocolate drizzle, and the red sugar make these bars a must-taste.
If you bring these bars to a holiday party, do not expect to bring home any leftovers. These Christmas magic cookie bars will disappear super quick.
Recipe Tips and Notes
Use the back of a measuring cup or the bottom of a glass to press the cookie crumbs into the baking dish.
Lightly press on the magic cookie bars before baking to combine all of the ingredients.
Wipe your knife between cuts to make nice, neat slices.
Can I replace milk chocolate chips with another kind of chocolate chip?
Feel free to use your favorite chocolate chips in this recipe. Semi-sweet and dark chocolate are great options as well.
What type of white chocolate is best for melting?
White chocolate bars or chips work for the chocolate drizzle on top of these bars. You can also use vanilla almond bark or white chocolate wafers as well.
How can I thin out the melted white chocolate?
If needed, add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the white chocolate to help it melt smoothly.
Everyone will love these festive cookie bars. They start with an amazing snickerdoodle crust and only get better from there. Make a batch of these Christmas magic cookie bars today!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Christmas 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
- 3½ cups snickerdoodle cookie crumbs 298 grams (from about 25 cookies)
- ½ cup unsalted butter 113 grams, melted (1 stick)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips 170 grams
- 1 cup butterscotch chips 170 grams
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut 85 grams
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 396 grams (1 can)
- ½ cup Holiday M&M’s 85 grams
- ⅓ cup white chocolate 57 grams, chopped
- Red sanding sugar optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- To make the cookie crumbs, place the snickerdoodle cookies in a food processor. Process the cookies into crumbs, reaching 3½ cups of cookie crumbs.3½ cups snickerdoodle cookie crumbs
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with melted butter. Mix well.½ cup unsalted butter
- Press the crumb mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
- On top of the crust, layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and M&Ms (in this order).1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, ½ cup Holiday M&M’s
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bars are slightly golden brown.
- Place the chopped white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the warm cookie bars.⅓ cup white chocolate
- Top with red sanding sugar, if desired.Red sanding sugar
- Allow bars to cool completely prior to slicing and serving.
- Use the back of a measuring cup or the bottom of a glass to press the cookie crumbs into the baking dish.
- Lightly press on the magic cookie bars before baking to combine all of the ingredients.
- Wipe your knife between cuts to make nice, neat slices.
- Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.