7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars are simply irresistible and loaded with something for everyone to love! This foolproof recipe features a magical combination of chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, pecans, and more – layered and baked to perfection.
Magic Cookie Bars
With 7 layers to love, these loaded cookie bars really have it all! Layers of chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, and pecans mixed with sweetened condensed milk sit on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. The combination of these flavors and textures is pure… magic!
These magic cookie bars are easy to make, combining all of our favorite sweet flavors into one perfect bite. Ready in no time, these easy cookie bars will be on repeat in your house!
Why You’ll Love this 7 Layer Bars Recipe:
- EASY: Make the crust, layer the ingredients, and bake. It’s really that simple!
- SWEET: With so many sweet layers, just one cookie bar is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- FUN: These bars are so fun to whip up! Whenever I make a batch of magic bars around the holidays, I love adding an extra layer of holiday M&M’s on top.
How to Make 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the graham cracker crust. Press it into a prepared pan.
- On top of the crust, layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, pecans, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake, serve, and enjoy.
Magic bars are a dessert with sweet ingredients layered on top of a graham cracker crust and baked to perfection. The magic happens during the baking process – the ingredients melt and combine to create an unforgettable treat.
If you don’t have a food processor, use a blender. Alternatively, you can also place the graham crackers into a plastic bag and use a meat mallet/rolling pin to crush the crackers until crumbs form.
Yes. Simply omit the chopped pecans, or replace with your favorite kind of nut. Walnuts are a great substitute for pecans!
For a chocolate peanut butter version, replace the butterscotch chips with an equal amount of peanut butter chips.
Fall in love with these gooey, crunchy, and sweet bars one bite at a time!
With so many layers and flavors to love, these cookie bars are always a hit!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Instead of classic “honey” graham crackers, mix it up and try cinnamon or even chocolate graham crackers in the crust.
- To easily remove the cookie bars, line the baking pan with parchment paper and leave a little extra to slightly hang over the edges. When the bars are cool, pull up on the parchment paper edges to remove the bars from the pan, place onto a cutting board, slice, and serve.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator prior to cutting to quickly cool the bars. Be careful if using a glass pan – hot glass in the refrigerator can shatter.
Can I use another kind of chocolate chip?
Yes. Replace the semisweet chocolate chips with an equal amount of white, milk, or dark chocolate chips.
How long do these bars last?
Store magic cookie bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They don’t need to be refrigerated, but I actually love them cold!
Can I freeze these bars?
Yes! Like most cookie bars, these freeze beautifully. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Next time you’re baking for a party or event, make a batch of these 7 layer magic cookie bars. Go ahead and double the recipe because these always impress a crowd!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 10-12 graham crackers
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until the crackers turn into crumbs.10-12 graham crackers
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs together. Mix thoroughly.½ cup unsalted butter
- Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and press it tightly in the pan to form a crust.
- On top of the crust, layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut, pecans, and sweetened condensed milk, in order.1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch chips, 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, 1 cup chopped pecans, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the bars cool completely, slice, and serve.