Want something tasty yet healthy to satisfy your craving for a chocolate treat? Try this Chocolate Pia Pudding recipe that is sure to leave you craving more!
Easy Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
Who says desserts can’t be healthy? If you prepare this Chocolate Chia Pudding, you can eat it between meals or after dinner as a sweet treat. It doesn’t contain too many calories, but most importantly, the addition of the chia seeds makes this pudding even better for you.
If you’re tired of making the same desserts, follow this simple and straightforward Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe. Instead of cakes or cookies, you can make a creamy pudding that will melt in your mouth.
Each spoonful of pudding will satisfy your chocolate craving. You can make it in advance, store it in the fridge, and have it as often as you’d like.
Why you’ll love this Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe
- Sweet treat. It’s the perfect cold and chocolatey treat to enjoy on a warm day.
- Simple ingredients. You’ll only need five ingredients to make the Chocolate Chia Pudding from scratch.
- Topping friendly. You can top it with some of your favorite treats, including chopped nuts that give it added texture.
How to make Chocolate Chia Pudding
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Pour your milk into a measuring cup and pour it into a bowl.
- Add cinnamon, cocoa powder, and maple syrup into the bowl with the milk.
- Whisk the ingredients for a minute or two and then add your chia seeds into the bowl.
- Pour your mixture in mason jars with lids, place in the fridge, and let sit for a minimum of four hours.
What Is Chia?
Chia is a type of seed that offers many health benefits. It tastes great when added to different desserts, such as this pudding. It’s an excellent source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. It’s great for people of all ages to enjoy.
Is This Chia Pudding Sweet?
The Chocolate Chia Pudding is not overly sweet. It has a rich chocolate taste with a tad touch of sweetness thanks to the maple syrup.
Is Chia Pudding Healthy?
The Chia Pudding is good for you. Not only are the chia seeds good for your health, but so are several of the other ingredients, including the milk and cinnamon.
Instead of using traditional sugar to make this pudding taste slightly sweet, you’re using maple syrup as a healthier alternative.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Let your pudding sit overnight if at all possible. It needs time to sit in the fridge so that the chia seeds expand and create the pudding texture.
- Top the pudding with something crunchy for added texture, such as chopped peanut, chopped pecans, or even your favorite brand of granola.
- Add fruit to your pudding to make it even better. Sliced bananas and strawberries will go great with this chocolate pudding.
If you’d like to prepare a satisfying, decadent dessert, give this Chocolate Chia Pudding recipe a try. It’s easy to prepare and it tastes great.
More chocolate recipes we love
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Cake Pops
- White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla oat milk or milk of choice
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (9 grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chia seeds (38 grams)
- Pour the milk into a large measuring cup or bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and whisk until combined and no lumps remain.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Pour the pudding into 2 mason jars or other containers with lids. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the pudding to thicken. (Shake or stir the pudding 2-3 times during chilling to keep the ingredients from separating.)
- Top with fruit, granola, or nuts if desired.