I don’t think there’s a more delectable dessert than chocolate chip cookie fudge. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this rich, delicious chocolatey dessert today!
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Recipe
You know that feeling you get when you take the first bite out of a new dessert? How that first bite is always the best? Well, every bite of chocolate chip fudge is better than the last. Enjoy that first bite feeling every time you reach for a piece of this delicious fudge!
Made with sweet and simple ingredients like chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and your favorite pre-made cookies, it’s impossible to not love this easy homemade fudge recipe. Not to mention, it’s also pretty effortless to make!
Once you try this chocolate chip cookie fudge, you’ll find yourself coming up with excuses to bake it all the time. Birthdays, holidays, office parties, or just because – everything in life is better with a piece of this decadent dessert!
Why you’ll love this Cookie Fudge recipe
- Serving size: If cut into the perfect sizes for serving, one batch of this chocolate chip cookie fudge can serve up to 24 people! When it comes to potlucks and cookie exchanges, this will be your new go-to recipe.
- Personalize: There are plenty of ways you can personalize this recipe to be perfect for your tastes! For example – if you’re a coffee lover, sprinkle some espresso powder in the mix.
- Easy: The best part! The steps to making this cookie fudge are super easy to follow. There’s nothing better than a no frills, always tasty chocolate dessert recipe. Oh – AND it’s no bake!
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge
- Heat the white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in the microwave.
- Once the mixture is melted, mix in the extract and salt. Then, fold in the most of the cookie pieces.
- Top the unbaked dessert with the remaining cookie pieces, then chocolate chips.
- Cool it in the refrigerator.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and cut it into small pieces.
**Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
How long will it stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, this cookie fudge will stay fresh for up to 4 days. You can also keep it in the fridge, where it will stay fresh for 5-6 days.
What kind of pre-made chocolate chip cookies should I use?
I always reach for Chips Ahoy! at the grocery store. They’re a childhood favorite of mine, and they work very well with this fudge recipe. However, any brand should be just fine!
Can this fudge be frozen?
Yes, it certainly can be frozen! Chocolate chip cookie fudge will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, just let it thaw out at room temperature for a few hours, or overnight.
A tip – it’s best to freeze the fudge as a whole, then cut it into pieces once it’s thawed.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- You can add more texture to this fudge recipe by adding chopped walnuts or pecans as a topping. For more fun, you could add a handful of M&M’s!
- To avoid burning the chocolate chip mixture, make sure you’re thoroughly stirring the melted chocolate every 30 seconds. If you microwave it too long without stopping and stirring, the chocolate will burn quickly.
- If you like richer, darker flavors, try using dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. The result will be a less sweet fudge, but it’ll still be delicious.
The crunch of a sweet chocolate chip cookie with the chewy chocolatey texture of fudge – that sounds like the best dessert ever, to me!
More Fudge recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Recipe
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips divided + 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup pre-made chocolate chip cookies cut into pieces (i.e. Chips Ahoy!)
- Prepare an 8×8 pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Add white chocolate chips, 1 cup milk chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir until chips are melted, mix in extract and salt.
- Fold in cookie pieces reserving about ¼ cup for topping, then pour into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining cookie pieces then chocolate chips.
- Cover and cool in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until completely set. (For faster setting, freeze for 90 minutes)
- Remove from pan using the parchment paper.
- Cut into small square pieces. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.