White chocolate chip chocolate cookies are soft, deliciously rich treats that you definitely can’t have just one of. These homemade chocolate cookies are easy to whip up, and you’re going to love serving them almost as much as you’ll love eating them!
Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s be honest – who doesn’t love a classic Chocolate Chip Cookie?! They’re probably the most loved cookies in the whole world… But these white chocolate chip chocolate cookies are here to change all that.
If chocolate is your favorite vice, this is the cookie recipe for you. These soft chocolate cookies are truly decadent, and the white chocolate chips provide the perfect amount of sweetness to balance the rich chocolatey flavor.
The actual process of prepping and baking this recipe is under an hour. The only hard part is allowing the cookie dough to cool in the fridge for a few hours, but I promise – the wait is SO worth it!
Why you’ll love this Double Chocolate Cookies recipe
- Unique: When you serve these cookies, let everyone know they’re inside out chocolate chip cookies! It’s a fun way to get people’s attention.
- Homemade: Sure, you could just go buy chocolate cookie dough and toss some white chocolate chips in it. However, both the texture and flavor of these homemade cookies are superior to any store-bought cookie dough I’ve tried.
- Kid-approved: I haven’t met a kid who didn’t love cookies – especially chocolate cookies! Whenever I make a batch of these double chocolate cookies in my house, they disappear in no time… Even when I try to hide them!
How to make White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Mix the egg and vanilla into the fluffy butter.
- Combine the flour and egg mixtures.
- Beat in the milk until you have a thick cookie dough.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Chill the cookie dough.
- Let the cookie dough sit on the counter for a few minutes.
- Shape the dough and place it on a prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough and top with more white chocolate chips.
Why do I have to chill the cookie dough?
When the cookie dough is significantly chilled, it helps prevent the dough from spreading while it bakes. Chilling the dough ensures the cookies maintain their picturesque shape when you remove them from the oven!
How long will these double chocolate cookies stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Want them to stay fresh even longer? Pop them in the fridge! In an airtight container in the refrigerator, these chocolate cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze them?
Yes! Before freezing, make sure the cookies are completely cooled and at room temperature. For best results, wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap.
They’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve the cookies, let them reach room temperature for about an hour.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Before transferring the cookies to a wire rack, allow them to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. That way, they won’t break when you move them.
- Want even more flavor? Try adding flavored chips like butterscotch, espresso, or dark chocolate chips along with the white chocolate chips.
- To make sure the butter fluffs, let it adjust to room temperature before using. Do NOT melt the butter or use cold butter – it will not fluff unless it’s softened completely.
Next time you need a good gift idea for a friend or neighbor, use this recipe for white chocolate chip chocolate cookies!
So far, I haven’t met a single person who didn’t love the combination of soft chocolate cookies and melted white chocolate chips.
More Cookie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + additional white chocolate chips to top the cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, mix to combine. Beat in the milk. The cookie dough will be quite thick.
- Add the white chocolate chips. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into balls. Place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. With your palm, gently press down on each dough ball to flatten slightly. Top the cookies with additional white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.