When you take the delicious chocolate crunch of an Oreo and combine it with the soft dough of a homemade cookie, you get cookies and cream cookies! This easy recipe is almost too good to be true.
Oreo Cookies Recipe
When cookies are made with ingredients like instant pudding powder and cream cheese, you just KNOW they're going to be good!
These chewy, creamy, chocolatey cookies really are a dream come true. Each bite is better than the last, which means it's impossible to have just one!
Why you'll love these Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Classic: Everyone loves Oreos. They're a classic cookie that can't be beat! So when those cookies are crushed and tossed into a deliciously homemade cookie dough, it's a guarantee that everyone will fall in love.
- Easy: Like all of the best recipes, the steps to making these cookie and cream cookies are simple and hassle free.
- Best of both worlds: Sometimes, a lot chocolate can be a bit too rich. That's why I love these cookies - the sweet cookie dough perfectly balances with the chocolatey crumbled cookies.
How to make Oreo Cookies
- Start by mixing together the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Once that's all creamed together, add the pudding packet, baking soda, and eggs. Whisk until fully combined.
- Stir in the flour and crushed Oreos before folding in the chocolate chips.
- Place the pressed cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies, then let the cool on a white rack.
**Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
How do I know when the cookies are done?
All ovens are a bit different. To know when your cookies are ready, check their color towards the end of the baking time. If they're slightly brown on top and they look similar to my pictures, they're ready to go!
The cookies may seem puffy and soft at first, which is perfect. They'll settle into the desired shape and consistency once they've cooled off.
How long will they stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these homemade cookies will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Want them to last a little bit longer? These cookies will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. When you're ready to enjoy one, just let it thaw out at room temperature for a while. You could also reheat them at a low temperature in the oven!
What's the easiest way to crush the Oreos?
For the quickest cleanup and least amount of hassle, simply place the cookies in a baggie and zip it closed. You'll want a durable bag that won't easily break. Then, with a rolling pin or something similar, hit the bag until the cookies are crushed to the perfect size.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Oreos always have new and fun flavors hitting the shelves. If you want to stray from the original recipe with a peppermint or espresso Oreo, it'll still be delicious.
- Use a cookie scoop! It's the BEST way to make sure each cookie is the exact same size. This ensures that they not only look perfect, but that they all bake evenly, too.
- Oreo pudding mix definitely works the best with this recipe, since it provides so much cookies and cream flavor! However, in a pinch, vanilla pudding powder works well too. If you have to use vanilla, I suggest using more Oreos in the mix to compensate for the lack of Oreos in the powder.
Hand these out to your neighbors or make a batch just to treat yourself. Either way, you'll be happy you used this easy, delicious cookies and cream cookie recipe!
More easy cookie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Cookies and Cream Oreo Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup softened salted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 4.2 oz packet oreo pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 15 oreos crushed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350*
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Add pudding packet, baking soda, and eggs. Whisk well to combine.
- Next, stir in flour and crushed oreos a little bit at a time. Then, fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop, and scoop the dough into your hand. Then, press down gently on the dough in your palm to slightly flatten into a circle. Place the cookie onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Put the cookies in the oven on the center rack and bake for 13 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!