Springtime is almost here, so celebrate the season by making a batch of delicious blueberry pie bars! These thin, buttery, berry packed treats are so good, you might just find yourself making them all year long.
Easy Blueberry Pie Bar Recipe
While fall has pumpkin and winter has peppermint, spring and summer have BERRIES! I love making all sort of fresh berry recipes on those sunny days.
With spring being right around the corner, there’s no reason not to make these incredibly easy and delicious blueberry pie bars. To be honest, I think I might like these bars even more than classic blueberry pie!
Why you’ll love these Blueberry Pie Bars
- Berry filled: If you love blueberries, this recipe is really for you. Every bite of these bars is packed with sweet, fresh blueberries!
- Simple: No step of this bar recipe is complicated. These bars are easy to make, and delicious to eat.
- Summery: When I think of sunny days in the spring and summer, I think of all my favorite fruit and berry recipes. These blueberry pie bars practically scream summer!
How to make Blueberry Pie Bars
**Be sure to check out the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Spread the cookie dough and press it down to evenly cover the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cookie dough for 20 minutes.
- Cream together the sugar, brown sugar, and cream cheese.
- Whisk in the egg before whisking in the yogurt.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the blueberry mixture evenly over the cookie dough crust.
- To make the crumb topping, add lemon juice, flour, brown sugar, and cubed butter and mix well. Then, sprinkle the homemade crumb topping over the blueberries.
- Top with fresh lemon zest.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Place it into the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
Can I use frozen blueberries?
While fresh blueberries are always a bit better, frozen blueberries certainly work well with this recipe too! Just make sure to use them right out of the freezer.
There’s no need to let them thaw. In fact, if they’re thawed, they may become a bit too mushy for this recipe.
What kind of yogurt works best?
For this recipe, I like using Chobani lemon and cream yogurt. Greek yogurt is deliciously thick, which is perfect for this recipe! The lemon and cream flavor also compliments the lemon zest on top of the bars.
Blueberries and lemon – it doesn’t get much more sunny and delicious than that!
How long do they stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, these blueberry pie bars will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
They’re delicious cold, but I also like them microwaved! Just 30 seconds or less in the microwave should warm them up. Serve them over vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of honey for a delicious sweet treat!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Don’t mix the crumb topping too much. Once the texture resembles crumbs, the mixture is ready to go. If you over mix the topping, you risk it losing the desired texture.
- Instead of just waiting 4 hours for the bars to set, I recommend letting them sit overnight. That way, the texture will be absolutely perfect when you’re ready to serve them!
- Don’t be afraid to use a good amount of lemon zest. It’s never a bad thing when the lemon flavor stands out with these bars!
These bars have everything I love about spring and summer. Fresh berries, zesty lemon flavors, and a whole lot of sweetness!
Make a batch of these for your next beach vacation or pool party, and you definitely won’t be disappointed.
More pie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Blueberry Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 package pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup brown sugar & 1 tsp divided
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 5.3 ounces chobani lemon & cream yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper in a 9×13 cake pan. Spread the cookie dough and press down to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Place into the oven for 20 minutes
- While the crust bakes, make the filling. In a large bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar, and cream cheese. Add the egg and whisk to combine. Then, add the yogurt and whisk well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly spread the blueberry mixture over the cookie dough crust.
- Next, make the crumb topping. Add lemon juice, flour, 1 tsp of brown sugar, and cubed butter to a small bowl and mix well until the texture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the blueberries. Top with lemon zest.
- Place into the oven on the center rack and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then place into the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving to allow it to set. Enjoy!