Made with fresh strawberries, this deliciously fresh strawberry pound cake is the perfect summer treat! Enjoy it with ice cream on a warm day.
Easy Strawberry Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Strawberries are some of my favorite fruits. You can make chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry cheesecake, add them to your ice cream, and make this deliciously fresh strawberry pound cake. If you love strawberries as much as I do, you are going to love this recipe too!
Made with fresh, juicy strawberries, creamy strawberry jam, and topped with homemade cream cheese frosting, this pound cake is sure to get your taste buds excited! This strawberry pound cake is the perfect treat to share with your guests or eat all to yourself!
Why you'll love this Strawberry Pound Cake recipe
- It’s the perfect dessert to bring to a get together. Whether it's a BBQ, reunion, or holiday celebration, this strawberry pound cake is the perfect addition.
- Easy to make. The only skill you need is to mix the ingredients in the right order. Other than that, this recipe is super simple to make.
- Pound cake stores well. In fact, you can store pound cake in your freezer for up to 3 months.
How to make Strawberry Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree and spray a 9X5 baking pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix your butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add in the milk, jam, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk your dry and wet ingredients together until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in your delicious, fresh strawberries.
- Spread your batter into your baking pan and bake for 80-90 minutes.
- Combine all the cream cheese frosting ingredients in a bowl.
- Once your pound cake has cooled completely, spread the frosting on it and top with strawberries!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries. However, you will want to thaw them out and slice them as the recipe states. You will also want to pat them dry as they will have more water than fresh strawberries.
What Frosting Do I Need for Strawberry Pound Cake?
Cream cheese frosting is the best option for this cake. You can follow the recipe below for the best cream cheese frosting recipe!
Can I Freeze It?
Absolutely! That is the best thing about making a homemade strawberry pound cake! You can freeze it for up to 3 months!
Simply wrap your cake (unfrosted) in plastic wrap and foil. Then, place it in a freezer bag and freeze it.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Store it in the refrigerator. The pound cake can last up to 3 days if you store it in the fridge as opposed to on the counter.
- Don’t heat the butter. You want your butter to be softened at room temperature not completely melted.
- Tent it with tinfoil. If your bread begins to brown too quickly, you can tent a piece of tinfoil over the top to prevent darkening.
No matter what you are making, strawberries add the perfect touch to any dessert. This sweet and delicious pound cake just wouldn’t be the same without them. But, don’t take my word for it, try this recipe for yourself!
More strawberry dessert recipes we love
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pavlovas
- Strawberry Macarons
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
For the Pound cake:
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 12 Tbs 1 ½ sticks butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c chopped strawberries
For the Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tbs butter room temp
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prep a 9x5 bread pan by spraying it with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugar and eggs. Using a paddle or whisk attachment, beat together on medium high speed for about 1 minute or until a smooth mixture has formed. Add in the milk, jam and vanilla and mix again.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add into the wet ingredients mixture. Whisk together until all of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the strawberries.
- Spread the batter into your prepared baking pan and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 80-90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with moist crumbs. If your bread begins to brown too quickly, tent a piece of tinfoil over the top to prevent darkening. Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make the cream cheese frosting by combining all the ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment. Beat on medium high for 3 minutes or until a smooth cream cheese frosting has formed. Spread on the top of the cooled pound cake and top with strawberries. Slice and serve immediately.