Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars are made with hassle free steps and only five simple ingredients! These cereal treats are sweet, chewy, and perfectly portioned for packing into lunch boxes.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
During the summer months, I really don’t feel like preheating the oven – which is just one of the reasons I turn to no-bake recipes like this one! Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats are SO easy to make, no hot oven required.
After following the short steps to making these simple treats, you’re left with the most amazing end results. These bars are chewy, but still have the signature cereal crunch you’re looking for. Plus, the marshmallows and butter make them not just gooey, but sweet, too!
Why You’ll Love these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars:
- Easy: A no-bake recipe that calls for only five ingredients? It doesn’t get much easier than this!
- Homemade: There are plenty of cereal bars on grocery store shelves, but none of them can hold a candle to this homemade recipe.
- Cereal: If you’re a cereal lover like I am, you’re going to love these treats that feature Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a trademarked product. General Mills is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a pot, then stir in the marshmallows until smooth.
- Remove the pot from the heat, then stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and cereal.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Top with more cereal and press the bars down to pack them tightly.
- Let the bars cool, then slice and serve them. Enjoy!
Cereal Bar Ingredient Notes
- Butter: Prevents the marshmallows from burning and helps hold the bars together.
- Marshmallows: Hold these bars together– I use mini because they melt faster and more smoothly than the regular size.
- Vanilla: Enhances the sweetness and spice of the cinnamon.
- Cinnamon: We’re adding a bit of extra cinnamon to enhance the flavor of the cereal.
- Cereal: I used Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but feel free to use any cereal that you like!
This recipe is already a riff on the classic Rice Krispies treats, so you can feel free to use any other cereal you love, such as Cheerios, Golden Grahams, Kix, or Corn Flakes. I don’t recommend using a granola-based cereal, though, as the treats may end up too hard.
You can use marshmallow fluff, but the treats will be much stickier and less solid. They can be kind of a mess, but delicious nonetheless!
You can melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave in a large, microwave-safe bowl for 60 seconds. Stir, then heat for an additional 15-30 seconds until smooth. Continue with the recipe. Be sure to use the largest bowl you have, because the marshmallows expand a LOT in the microwave and can easily make a mess!
If you melt your marshmallows too fast over too high of heat, it takes the marshmallows out of the hard-ball stage and into the hard-crack stage, where the marshmallows will become brittle and crack instead of stretching.
I love a treat that can double as both a breakfast sweet and as an after dinner dessert! These cereal bars are perfect for munching on at any time of the day.
Make Ahead Instructions
Because they last for about a week, Cinnamon Toast Crunch bars are a great make-ahead treat! I recommend preparing the bars up to 2 days in advance and storing them in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve them.
Store leftover Cinnamon Toast Crunch bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Allow the bars to come to room temperature before serving.
Freeze Cinnamon Toast Crunch bars whole or cut into individual slices tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 3 months. Allow the treats to thaw at room temperature for a few hours before enjoying.
If you’re looking for a way to get your little ones involved in the kitchen, this no-bake recipe is an excellent place to start! Easy to follow steps and simple ingredients make this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars recipe a real cinch. Plus, the bars themselves are the definition of kid-friendly!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 57 grams (½ stick)
- 3½ cups mini marshmallows 151 grams
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 grams
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal 205 grams, divided
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- 8×8 Baking Pan
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot set over low heat, melt the butter.4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt, stirring constantly until they are smooth, about 2-3 minutes.3½ cups mini marshmallows
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and 4 cups of cereal.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 5 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread it out to an even layer. Top with the remaining cup of cereal and press the bars down to pack them tightly– be careful, they’re hot! If the mixture is sticking to your spatula, place another sheet of parchment paper on top and then press down on the bars through the parchment paper.
- Set them aside to cool to room temperature until set, about 1 hour.
- Slice and serve.
- You can use regular-sized marshmallows instead of mini.
- Be sure to use fresh marshmallows. Stale marshmallows will take too long to melt and will not melt smoothly.
- For a nuttier flavor, try browning the butter.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt in with the butter and marshmallows to bring out the flavors.
- Add 1 cup of cinnamon or white chocolate baking chips for even more flavor.
- Stir in rainbow sprinkles for a pop of color.