Wonderfully creamy and indulgent, this no bake banana fudge pie is perfect for any occasion and sure to satisfy the sweetest of teeth! A graham cracker crust is layered with chocolate ganache and banana pudding and finished with creamy whipped topping.
No Bake Banana Cream Pie
Simple to prep, this indulgent dessert is a great option if you are entertaining, and I promise you that everyone will want a second piece!
Why You’ll Love this Banana Pudding Pie Recipe:
- No bake: When it comes to desserts, no bake for me is always a winner! This pie comes together quickly and easily and you don’t have to turn the oven on!
- Made to share: This is a great dessert for holidays! It serves 8, so is wonderful when you are entertaining friends and family.
- Make ahead: This is a great make ahead pudding, so it’s perfect if you are planning to serve it as part of a big feast. It’s freezer friendly too!
How to Make Banana Fudge Pie
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the ganache by heating together the chocolate, milk and butter.
- Spread the ganache over the bottom of the crust. Chill to set.
- Make the banana pudding.
- Top the ganache with sliced bananas.
- Spoon the pudding over the top and finish with cool whip. Chill.
- Serve with extra banana slices and chocolate shavings.
I do not recommend using “cook and serve” pudding because it has to be cooked and takes a lot longer to cool and set. Unless you’re planning to make this pie one day in advance, stick to instant pudding.
As with any pudding-based pie, banana fudge pie does need to be refrigerated. This keeps the pie from spoiling and keeps the filling more solid. Banana fudge pie can be left out at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Yes. To make ahead of time, prepare the pie through step 6, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Banana fudge pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To keep the decorative bananas from browning, either wait to slice the bananas until you’re ready to serve or lightly brush the slices with lemon juice to preserve their color.
Using a fine cheese grater, carefully shave a chocolate bar to get little chocolate shavings.
The layers of graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache, fresh bananas, pudding and cool whip make this dessert irresistible! The texture is so soft and creamy, this is sure to become a family favorite!
This no bake pie is so crazy easy to make, even the most novice bakers will be able to master this recipe! Make up two and freeze one for a later date!
Make Ahead Instructions
To make ahead of time, prepare the pie through step 6, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Banana fudge pie will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Store banana fudge pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To freeze this pudding pie, prepare the pie through step 6, but do not top with whipped topping. Instead, set the pie on a flat surface in the freezer until fully frozen, then tightly wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Let the pie thaw in the refrigerator overnight before garnishing with whipped topping, bananas, and chocolate shavings.
For a slightly less intense banana flavor, use vanilla instant pudding in place of the banana instant pudding. For a more intense chocolate flavor, use chocolate instant pudding.
This creamy banana fudge pie is a must make! Made with just a few basic ingredients it’s easy to make and the flavors are out of this world. Perfect for those special occasions, this is an effortless make ahead dessert with maximum wow factor!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Banana Fudge Pie Recipe
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
For the ganache
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips 85 grams
- 2 tablespoons milk 28 grams
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 14 grams
For the pudding
- 3.4 ounces instant banana pudding mix 96 grams (1 standard package)
- 2 cups milk 454 grams
- 2-3 medium bananas sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1¼ cups whipped topping 75 grams, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- Chocolate shavings optional
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- Set out the prepared pie crust.1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Make the gananche. Microwave the chocolate, 2 tablespoons of milk, and butter in a medium-sized bowl on high for 1-1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Spread the melted ganache in an even layer on the bottom of the crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Prepare the pudding with the 2 cups of milk according to package directions. Let stand for 5 minutes.3.4 ounces instant banana pudding mix, 2 cups milk
- Arrange 1-2 bananas' worth of slices in one even layer on top of the ganache.2-3 medium bananas
- Spoon the pudding into the crust, covering the bananas and ganache. Top with whipped topping. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.1¼ cups whipped topping
- Serve topped with the remaining banana slices and chocolate shavings.Chocolate shavings
- For a slightly less intense banana flavor, use vanilla instant pudding in place of the banana instant pudding. For a more intense chocolate flavor, use chocolate instant pudding.