Easily prepare a sweet and crunchy treat with this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe. You’ll only need a few ingredients and a bit of your time to put this fun dessert together.
Birthday Cake Puppy Chow recipe
When it comes to regular puppy chow, sometimes you have to step up your game. This Cake Batter Puppy Chow is so delicious, your family will become a huge fan!
When you need a quick snack in a pinch that you know your family will enjoy, try this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe. It doesn’t take many ingredients to put it together.
You can have it ready to eat in 20 minutes or less! If you want a quick snack that tastes great, this is the recipe to try.
Why you’ll love this Funfetti Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe
- Few ingredients needed. It only takes five ingredients to put this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe together.
- Perfectly crunchy. The dessert has a crispy, slightly crunchy texture with such a sweet taste to it, making it the perfect midday snack or evening dessert to enjoy.
- Portable dessert. It’s the perfect snack to take with you on the go! It doesn’t make much of a mess at all.
How to make Cake Batter Puppy Chow
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- Pour the Rice Chex into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt your almond bark or melting chocolate, pour it on top of the Chex. Gently mix it together to ensure that you’re covering all the cereal with the almond bark.
- Wait a few minutes for it to cool, add your sprinkles, and mix everything.
- Add your cake mix and powdered sugar before tossing all your ingredients together and serving.
Why is this called puppy chow?
The recipe gets its name because of its appearance. While it may look like the food you’d add to your dog’s bowl, it’s meant for human consumption, and this Cake Batter Puppy Chow is absolutely delicious.
Some people refer to this sweet treat as muddy buddies, reindeer chow, and muddy munch!
What kind of Chex do I need?
You’ll need plain rice Chex for this recipe. Don’t worry! Although you’re using plain rice Chex, it’ll have plenty of flavor by the time you’re done preparing this delicious and simple treat.
Can I use different flavored cake mixes?
You can use different flavored cake mixes to switch up the taste of this Cake Batter Puppy Chow dessert, such as chocolate, strawberry, or even lemon cake mix.
Use what you like to create different variations of this simple and sweet dessert.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- You can use different variations of almond bark or melting chocolate, including white chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate to create different flavors.
- When making a chocolate version of this puppy chow, consider using chocolate sprinkles instead of multicolored sprinkles.
- To ensure that the cake mix and powdered sugar will coat the Chex, make sure to add it before the almond bark cools and hardens completely.
Use this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe to make a quick treat for yourself and your loved ones. Both adults and children can enjoy this flavorful snack!
More fun dessert recipes we love
- Funfetti Cookies
- Bird’s Nest Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe
- 8 cups Rice Chex
- 8 ounces almond bark or white chocolate
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Multicolored sprinkles
- Pour the rice Chex in a large bowl.
- Melt the almond bark according to package directions.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the Chex, and gently stir to fully coat the Chex.
- Wait a couple minutes for the almond bark to cool slightly and then gently stir in the sprinkles.
- Add in the yellow cake mix and powdered sugar, and gently toss the Chex to fully coat them in the mixture.