Turn your favorite cake into cookies with this easy dessert recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies. They have the perfect amount of carrot cake flavor and are topped with a cream cheese icing.
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
Carrot cake is a classic dessert that people often enjoy during the holiday season. It has a fresh taste of cinnamon with the perfect moisture texture.
While there are carrots in the cake, they’re not huge crunchy chunks. Instead, they’re finely chopped pieces that blend in perfectly to keep the cake moist and delicious.
If you love the cake, you need to try this incredible recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies. They’re easy to make, taste like the cake, and have a slightly crisp exterior that makes them even better.
Why You’ll Love this Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Packed with flavor: These carrot cake cookies are packed with flavor thanks to the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
- Easy to make: Carrot cake cookies are a basic cookie recipe with a few fun additions. You then make a cream cheese simple frosting to add to the top of these cookies.
How to make Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix your dry ingredients.
- Whisk your butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
- Toss in the eggs, vanilla, and egg yolks before mixing until smooth.
- Add your flour mixture and stir.
- Fold in your pecans and shredded carrots.
- Scoop the dough on the baking sheet and press down to create a flat shape.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and let the cookies cool before you frost them.
Yes! You will need to use a cup of shredded carrot. Don’t worry! Even if you’re not a big fan of carrots, you won’t taste them when you add them to this recipe with other ingredients, including brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and more.
The chopped pecans add flavor to the Carrot Cake Cookies, but they’re also great for adding texture too. If you love cookies with a bit of a crunch, these cookies are a must-have.
No, it doesn’t take long to make the cream cheese frosting. You can easily combine the cream cheese with the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in minutes.
These cookies are so good because they have a crisp edge but a soft and chewy center. The carrots and pecans had a great crunchy texture to the cookies.
The cream cheese frosting that you add to the cookies is the same type of frosting you add to a classic carrot cake. Cream cheese frosting is easy to make and packed with flavor!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop your cookie dough evenly onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Start with two tablespoons of milk and then if you feel like it’s a bit too thick, you can add another tablespoon of milk to the mixture to thin it out.
- Top your cookies with additional chopped pecans for a little extra crunch.
Enjoy the fresh taste of homemade Carrot Cake Cookies! They’re easy to prepare with simple ingredients that you may already have at home. If you love carrot cake, these cookies are a must-try!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 cup butter room temp
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped pecans roasted
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 4 Tbs butter room temp
- 3 Tbs powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbs milk as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Whisk until they are smooth and creamy. Add in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add in the flour mixture and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Fold in the shredded carrots and pecans.2 ½ cups flour, 2 Tbs cornstarch, 2 ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, ¾ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp ginger, 1 cup butter, ⅔ cup brown sugar, ⅔ cup sugar, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 1 ½ tsp vanilla, 1 cup shredded carrot, ½ cup chopped pecans
- Using an ice cream scoop for uniformity, scoop balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Be sure to space them about an inch and a half apart as they will spread. Press down slightly to create a flatter shape. Place into the preheated oven to bake for 15 minutes or until the edges or golden brown and the center is baked through.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Place all of the ingredients, except the milk, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until smooth and creamy. If the frosting is too thick for your liking, slowly add in milk, a teaspoon at a time until you have achieved the consistency you desire.4 oz cream cheese, 4 Tbs butter, 3 Tbs powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla, 2-3 Tbs milk
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the frosting over the surface of the cookies. Sprinkle with chopped pecans if you so desire.