Easter cookies are a fun and easy way to make dessert for Easter Sunday. Bake a batch of cookies (or two, or three) and you’ll have enough to feed all your guests something sweet. Make traditional cookies, unique and colorful cookies, or sugar cookies to decorate!
These Easter cookie ideas are all so fun and easy. You can quickly and easily bake a few batches of cookies for Easter Sunday, to make sure there’s something sweet to snack on before or after dinner.
This holiday is the perfect time to whip out the most fun, cute, and colorful cookie recipes! The kids will love the look of these cookies just as much as the taste.
Keep it traditional with butter or sugar cookies, or celebrate Spring flavors with lemon or carrot cake. And there are plenty of cookie ideas for Easter that are filled with sprinkles, candies, and more.
The Easter Bunny will love these cookies just as much as the kids, so don’t forget to leave a few behind!
Decorating Easter Cookies
If you’re looking to decorate cookies for Easter as a fun family activity, I highly recommend using my favorite sugar cookie recipe.
You can use Easter-themed cookie cutters, or gently shape the dough into more of an egg shape. The recipe also includes icing, which you can add food coloring to.
Make a big batch of plain cookies, set out a few different color icings, and add some sprinkles or candies. Then everyone can decorate their own cookies as they please!
When it’s time to take a break from dying Easter eggs, bake one of these deliciously cute cookie recipes. These are the perfect dessert to set out for guests when they come over for the holiday!
Cute and Colorful Easter Cookies
These Easter cookie ideas are super cute and colorful, which means the kids will absolutely love them. These are the perfect recipes to celebrate the holiday!
- Bird’s Nest Cookies: These cookies are deliciously crunchy and topped with little chocolate eggs. They look like bird’s nests which makes them extra fun for the Easter holiday.
- Easter Macarons: These light and airy macarons are decorated like Easter eggs, and look so beautiful.
- Best Sugar Cookies: You can never go wrong with simple sugar cookies, and these are great to decorate for Easter!
- Robin’s Egg Macarons: Macarons are filled with chocolate frosting and made to look like beautiful blue Robin’s eggs. Perfect for Spring!
- Easter Meringue Nests: Meringue cookies are topped with chocolate eggs and decorated to look like little nests. They are so cute!
- Circus Animal Sugar Cookies: Circus animal cookies and crushed up and baked into these delicious cookies. They turn out super colorful, sweet, and delicious!
- Funfetti Cookies: The colorful funfetti sprinkles make these cookies super cute for holidays and gatherings.
- Easter Cookie Dough Truffles: Edible cookie dough is molded into egg shapes, then coated in chocolate. You can then decorate them as you please to look like little Easter eggs.
- Sprinkle Cookies: These are so simple and pretty. They make the best cookies for Easter celebrations!
- Tie-Dye Butter Cookies: These butter cookies are easy to make, and you can use different food coloring to make them even more festive for Easter.
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies: These strawberry-flavored cake mix cookies are perfectly pink, and filled with white chocolate chips.
Fun Easter Cookie Ideas
These recipes are perfect for holidays because they’re unique and fun, but still really easy to make.
- Cookies and Cream Cookies: These soft homemade cookies are filled with Oreo crumb pieces for an extra crunchy and chocolatey treat.
- M&M Brownie Cookies: Brownie mix cookies are topped with M&Ms for a dessert that everyone will love.
- Carrot Cake Cookies: Carrot cake is a must on Easter Sunday, and this cookie version is the easiest way to get it. They’re topped off with cream cheese icing, of course!
- Lucky Charms Cookies: These cookies are topped with Lucky Charms marshmallows for a bright and colorful look.
- Banana Pudding Cookies: These simple cookies have the perfect creamy banana flavor.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: Mini peanut butter cups are baked into cookie dough for the most delicious treat.
- Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies: Classic sugar cookies are dipped in chocolate for an extra twist.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies: These are filled with zesty lemon and poppy seeds, which makes for cookies that are bursting with flavor!
- Italian Anise Cookies: These crunchy cookies have such a simple yet incredible flavor!
- Gooey Butter Cookies: Like the name suggests, these cookies are ooey gooey and buttery. These will be a new favorite for everyone who tries them!
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies: A delicious cream cheese filling is stuffed between to carrot cake cookies for double the dessert.
Traditional Cookie Recipes
Add some traditional cookie ideas into the mix! You can never go wrong with one of these simple, classic recipes.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Chocolate Chip is a classic! Everyone will love these perfectly chewy cookies.
- Butter Cookies: These simple, 6 ingredient butter cookies are a favorite for Spring, and they’re so addicting!
- Lemon Cookies: Lemon just screams SPRING, which makes these simple cookies perfect for Easter.
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies: Here’s another classic that always makes an appearance on our Easter cookie spread. You can’t go wrong with a bit of chocolate and peanut butter.
- Snickerdoodle Cookies: Snickerdoodles are another classic cookies that everyone will love. They’re coated in cinnamon sugar for a delicious flavor.
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies: The taste of creamy peanut butter in a crisp little cookie. These are so addicting!
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Soft and chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside. These are always a hit!
- Shortbread Cookies: Perfectly buttery and easy to make, you can make a big batch for all your Easter guests!
More Easter Treats
Looking for something to make for Easter dessert besides cookies? These treats and recipes are so festive!
- Easter Rice Krispies Treats: These homemade Rice Krispies are topped with M&M’s (the Easter edition in pastel colors are so pretty!) and drizzled with chocolate.
- Easter Bunny Bark: This chocolate bark is so easy to make, and you can decorate it to look like little Easter bunnies!
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs: Peanut butter coated in chocolate, and shaped like an Easter egg? Yup, these are the best treat for the holiday!
- Homemade Cannolis: Crispy shells wrapped around sweet cream makes for one tasty treat. These are great for Easter Sunday!
- Easter Bunny Bait Snack Mix: Give your guests something extra to snack on with this sweet mix (Cheerios, pretzels, and more coated in white chocolate).
- White Chocolate Coconut Easter Cake: If you’re looking to impress your guests, this beautiful Easter cake will do the trick!
- Classic Lemon Bars: These classic bars are so bright and zesty. They always make a great dessert for Spring!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes: Moist carrot cake topped with cream cheese frosting. Making cupcakes means it’s easier for guests to grab one as they please.
Whichever Easter cookies you choose, your family, friends, and guests will surely love them. Nothing is more fun than a plate full of fresh, colorful cookies to share with everyone. It’s the perfect easy dessert for Easter Sunday!