M&M Peanut Butter Blondies are a cookie bar that is full of sweet flavor. These blondies are easy to make and perfect as an after dinner treat.
M&M Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
Blondies are a fun alternative to the classic chocolate brownie. They use similar ingredients, but blondies are a light blonde color when done cooking. They are soft and chewy and make a great dessert of mid-day treat.
These M&M peanut butter bars take a classic blondie and add chocolate candies and peanut butter to the mix. This makes for one tender blondie bar!
Why You’ll Love this M&M Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe:
- Simple ingredients: You only need a handful of basic ingredients for these blondies. In fact, I bet you have most of them in your kitchen already!
- Easy recipe: You can easily make these soft and chewy blondie bars. If you can mix, scoop and bake, then you can make these peanut butter bars in no time!
How to make Peanut Butter Blondies with Peanut Butter M&Ms
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Mix the baking soda and the salt.
- Whisk together the sugars, butter and oil.
- Add in the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Fold in the M&Ms and the peanut butter.
- Smooth the batter into a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Brownies are a chocolate dessert and blondies are a vanilla based treat. While both use similar ingredients, the brown sugar is more flavorful in these blondies.
Well, these M&M blondies are considered a cookie bar. They have the same texture as a classic chocolate chip cookie, but in bar form.
The center of your blondie bar should be chewy and moist, but not necessarily gooey. You want to make sure that the batter is cooked and not still raw in the center before removing them from the oven.
These blondie bars take the classic blondie recipe and take it up a notch by adding M&Ms and peanut butter. The result is a chewy cookie bar that is full of sweet goodness.
You can easily pack these blondie bars in lunch boxes or save them for after school treat. They also make a great dessert and are perfect with a hot cup of coffee. They are the dessert that is great any time of day!
Recipe Tips and Notes
Add extra M&Ms on top of the batter before baking the bars. This will give you a little extra sweetness and crunch.
Make sure you pat the blondie batter into your prepared dish. This will make sure they cook evenly and will be easier to cut after they cool.
Feel free to use your favorite peanut butter for this recipe. If you want to reduce the sugar, you can use a sugar-free peanut butter.
You are going to love these easy M&M and peanut butter blondie bars. They are easy to make and full of sweet flavor. Whip up a batch today!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
M&M Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter m&m’s plus more for topping
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sugar, butter and vegetable oil. Next, add in the egg, egg yolks and vanilla and stir to combine. Add in the flour mixture and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Fold in the peanut butter m&m’s. Lastly, stir in the peanut butter.2 ¾ cups flour, 1 ¼ tsp baking soda, ¾ tsp salt, 1 ¼ cups brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup butter, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 1 egg, 2 egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup peanut butter m&m’s plus more for topping, ½ cup peanut butter
- Smooth the bars batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with extra peanut butter m&m’s. Place into the oven to bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The center will feel almost unfinished. Do not worry about that as the residual heat will finish baking it. The center of the bars will fall after several minutes on the cooling rack – this is normal.
- Once the bars have cooled, slice into 16 squares and serve.