Move over, brownies – these butterscotch blondies are chewy and delectable treats that are impossible to ignore. Make a batch of these delicious blondies today and be warned… you can’t just have one!
Easy Butterscotch Blondie Recipe
This recipe for butterscotch blondies only calls for six simple ingredients and thirty minutes of cook time. Besides just being incredibly easy to whip up, I also love these blondies because of how truly delicious they are!
Between the perfectly chewy texture and sweet butterscotch flavor, it’s safe to say I’m truly in love with these blondies. And while I don’t think I’ve ever met a blondie or brownie that I didn’t enjoy, this recipe really takes the cake.
When you follow these easy steps, you get the best blondies every time – what’s not to love?!
Why you’ll love this Butterscotch Blondie recipe
- Simplicity: This classic recipe is quick and easy to make, which is why it’s one of my favorites to turn to in a pinch.
- Loved: Whether you’re making these just to enjoy at home or for a potluck, everyone loves these blondies. They’re a timeless treat that not many people can say no to!
- Affordable: When you’re trying to budget, but still make the best baked goods, this is the recipe to turn to. You’ll only need six inexpensive ingredients to make a batch of mouthwatering blondies.
How to make Butterscotch Blondies
- Melt the butter and butterscotch chips together. (Then, take a moment and enjoy how heavenly your kitchen smells.)
- Whisk in the eggs and sugar to the delicious butterscotch mixture.
- Add in the flour and vanilla. Mix everything together until the batter begins to form. When you have a thick batter, toss in the remaining butterscotch chips.
- Pour the sweet batter into a prepared cake pan.
- Bake and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
**Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
Can I use unsalted butter?
The short answer? Yes. However, the light touch of saltiness from salted butter really compliments the sweetness of the butterscotch perfectly. I think that a bit of salt with butterscotch is just as tasty as salted caramel, so I highly recommend using salted butter in your batter!
How long do they stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these butterscotch blondies will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
They can also be refrigerated! In the fridge, they’ll stay fresh for up to 5 days. While they’re still tasty when they’re cold, I recommend popping them in the microwave for just a few seconds to warm them back up.
Can I freeze them?
Absolutely! These delectable blondies will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve them, simply let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
Freezing the entire pan of blondies always works best. Once they’re thawed, then cut them into pieces. This helps prevent the edges of the individual pieces from drying or getting freezer burn.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you want the blondies to have a richer flavor, use dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar. If you already have light brown sugar that you want to make darker, simply stir 1 tablespoon of molasses in with 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Remember what I said about the sweet and salty combo in this recipe? To enhance that even more, try sprinkling a pinch of flaky sea salt on top of the blondies.
- Another topping that elevates these blondies even more is a drizzle of warm caramel sauce.
- If you’re looking to add more texture, chopped walnuts are a delicious addition to this recipe.
These blondies are delicious, easy to make, and impossible to say no to! Everyone deserves a treat, so why not make it something sweet, chewy, and full of butterscotch flavor?
More Brownie and Bar recipes we love
- Espresso Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Buckeye Bars
- Blueberry Pie Bars
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Butterscotch Blondies Recipe
- 1/4 cup salted butter half a stick
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch flavored chips divided 3/4 and 3/4
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray or line an 8×8 cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, and 3/4 cup of the butterscotch chips, stirring over medium heat. Once they have melted together, remove them from the stovetop and stir, making sure there aren’t any remaining unmelted chips. Let the mixture cool for about a minute, then quickly whisk in the sugar and the eggs. (Cooling the mixture for a minute and whisking quickly, ensures the eggs won’t have time to cook in the hot batter)
- Once the sugar and eggs are well combined with the melted chips, add in the flour and vanilla. Continue mixing all of the ingredients together, until the batter thickens, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed. Fold in the remaining ¾ cup of chips, evenly distributing them throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool before cutting them.