Make an undeniably fresh and tasty Chocolate Whipped Cream from scratch. You can use it as a frosting for cakes, cupcakes, and other sweet treats.
Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting Recipe
When you want the perfect chocolate frosting to add to cakes and other desserts, follow this simple Chocolate Whipped Cream recipe.
You can make it from scratch with minimal ingredients. It has a light taste with the perfect touch of chocolate to go with vanilla, chocolate, or even strawberry cakes.
Once you learn how to make this frosting, you will never go back to buying pre-made options at the store!
Why you’ll love this Fudgy Whipped Cream Frosting recipe
- Basic ingredients – You will only need to have five ingredients to prepare this delicious Chocolate Whipped Cream. It is truly that easy to make.
- Pairs well – The whipped cream has a light and flavorful taste that goes great when paired with all kinds of desserts.
- Homemade is better – It tastes better than any frosting you can buy from a grocery store!
How to make Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- Add each of your ingredients into your stand mixer bowl.
- Slowly whisk the ingredients together.
- Mix your ingredients for up to five minutes.
What If My Whipped Cream Is Too Thin?
If your whipped cream is a bit too thin, simply add more powdered sugar to it. The powdered sugar will help to give it a thicker consistency that makes it easier to use on different treats.
What Can I Use Chocolate Whipped Cream On?
Put your Chocolate Whipped Cream on some of your favorite desserts. It adds the perfect touch to vanilla cake, chocolate cake, and even cheesecake.
You can put it on cupcakes, pies, and even puddings. It also goes great with crepes and fresh fruit for a simple, delicious dessert. I think it goes perfect on Chocolate Angel Food Cake too!
How Do I Store Leftovers?
Put your Chocolate Whipped Cream in an airtight food storage container and leave it in the fridge for up to two days.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Use a stand mixer to make it easier for you to prepare the Chocolate Whipped Cream from scratch. If you have to mix by hand, it will take a lot longer for you to get the whipped cream to the perfect consistency.
- Add extracts to your whipped cream if you would like to create a different taste, such as peppermint extract to create a mint chocolate frosting.
- You can freeze the whipped cream if you want to save it for longer than two days. When freezing it, put it in a large plastic food storage bag. You can remove it from the freezer and put it in the fridge when you feel like using it.
Chocolate whipped cream frosting is such an easy frosting recipe to make! It comes together in a few minutes and tastes so much better than anything from a can.
You can also customize it with extract or leave it plain. All you need is the perfect cake for this easy chocolate frosting.
More homemade frosting recipes we love
- Lime Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Lime Tequila Buttercream
- Strawberry Frosting
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients. Using a whisk attachment, begin on low speed and whisk for one minute. Increase mixer speed to medium and whisk an additional minute. Turn mixer speed up to high and let mix for another 4-5 minutes or until the whipped cream has whipped into a stiff, pipeable frosting.
- Storage: Frosting may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Makes 2 cups frosting.