Following the Keto diet and craving chocolate and coconut? Follow this recipe for Keto Almond Joy Bites to indulge in a decadent treat without consuming too many carbs.
Keto Almond Joy Fat Bomb Recipe
Sticking to the Keto lifestyle is easier when you have recipes like these Almond Joy Bites. When you are in the mood for chocolate and want a quick yet delicious snack, this recipe is a must!
It is the perfect Keto Dessert to prepare in advance and have available for whenever you are in the mood for something sweet.
Why you’ll love this Low Carb Almond Joy Candies recipe
- Simple ingredients – You will only need a few ingredients, such as heavy whipping cream, Keto-friendly sugar, and vanilla.
- Easy to make – This easy dessert recipe is simple to make and doesn’t require any special tools or gadgets.
- Low carb – These Almond Joy Bites won’t take you over your carb count for the day. They are low carb and perfect for helping meet your daily macros.
How to make Almond Joy Fat Bombs
- Add the cream, butter, keto powdered sugar, liquid stevia, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the coconut and cream mixture to a large bowl and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature.
- Place the cooled coconut mixture in the freezer until it is firm enough to shape into balls.
- Divide into 9 equal parts and press into balls, squeezing them between your hands.
- Gently press an almond into the center of the coconut ball.
- Place in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the coconut balls into the chocolate and place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Drizzle leftover chocolate on top of the Almond Joy bites.
Are Almond Joy Fat Bombs Low Carb?
The Almond Joy Fat Bombs are low carb, making them the perfect keto-friendly snack to consume. The reason they are a low carb dessert is because you will use natural sugar substitutes instead of traditional sugar.
The problem with real Almond Joy candies is that they contain too much sugar, which also means they are carb-heavy. You can prepare a tasty version of your favorite chocolate candy without all the guilt.
What Type of Sweetener Can You Use?
You can use any keto-friendly version of powdered sugar, including Besti Powdered Erythritol or Swerve Confectioners. Feel free to use your favorite low carb powdered sweetener for this treat.
What Is Liquid Stevia Extract?
Liquid Stevia extract is a liquid version of the stevia sweetener. It is a natural sweetener that derives from stevia leaves found in nature.
It is commonly used as a replacement for traditional sugar for those looking for a low carb, calorie-free option.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When preparing this Keto Dessert, you can melt your chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, if you don’t have a true double boiler.
- You may want to use toothpicks or forks to hold your coconut balls while dipping them into the melted chocolate. It makes it a lot easier for you to coat the entire coconut ball with chocolate without getting chocolate all over your hands.
- Use wax paper or parchment paper on a tray to make the cleanup process easier. You can set your dipped coconut balls on the tray with the wax or parchment paper immediately after dipping them into the hot, melted chocolate.
Whether you are following a keto or low carb diet or not, you will love these easy Almond Joy fat bombs.
These fat bombs are easy to make, use simple ingredients, and taste just like the candy bar! Make a batch today for snacking during the week.
More healthy dessert recipes we love
- Lemon Angel Food Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pavlovas
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Walnut Brownie Protein Balls
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Keto Almond Joy Fat Bombs Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons keto powdered sugar such as Swerve Confectioners, Besti Powdered Erythritol, Besti Powdered Allulose, or So Nourished Powdered Erythritol
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 9 whole almonds
- 4.5 ounces stevia-sweetened dark chocolate such as Lily’s
- Add the cream, butter, keto powdered sugar, liquid stevia, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then boil until it’s thick and glossy and reduced to about 1/2 to 2/3 cup, about 4 to 5 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Add the coconut and reduced cream mixture to a large bowl and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the coconut mixture. Place the coconut in the freezer until the mixture is firm enough to shape into balls when squeezed, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal parts and shape each into a ball, squeezing gently so they hold their shape. Gently press 1 almond into each coconut ball. Freeze for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl. Dip each coconut ball in chocolate and then place it on a tray lined with wax paper or parchment paper. If there is any chocolate leftover, drizzle it decoratively on top.
- Let the chocolate set before serving.