Stay deliciously spooky this season with Halloween Rice Krispie Treats! This is a super easy no-bake recipe that’s fun, festive, and tasty as can be.
Halloween Rice Krispies Recipe
Making a batch of Halloween rice krispies is a MUST this October, especially if you have kids! But let’s be honest – these are fun and tasty for us grown-ups, too. After all, who doesn’t love homemade rice krispies loaded with Halloween sprinkles and candy corn?!
I love making a batch of these rice krispies for Halloween parties, to hand out to neighbors, and just for fun! Munching on a spooky-themed snack while watching scary movies is always fun, especially when it’s something as cute (and easy to make) as this recipe is.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Recipe:
- Easy: This recipe is no-bake and made with simple ingredients that you might already have handy.
- Spooky: I love how Halloween-ready these treats are! You’ll have a hard time keeping all of your little monster’s hands off of them.
- Delicious: I don’t know if I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t love homemade rice krispies! This recipe may be simple as can be, but it’s also downright delicious too.
How to make Halloween Rice Krispie Treats with Candy Corn and Sprinkles
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and cereal.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Top with candy corn and sprinkles.
- Place more parchment paper atop the rice krispies.
- Let the rice krispies cool.
- Slice and enjoy!
It’s a bit tricky, but the key for perfect consistency is to not heat up the marshmallow mixture too much. If it’s too hot, your end result will be hard, not soft/crispy treats.
Well… They’re going to be sticky, truth be told. And that’s okay! This is a dessert that’s known for being gooey and sticky. That’s why the parchment paper is used on top of the krispies, though. To help prevent your hands from sticking too much!
Try to use a good quality knife that you know will leave smooth edges when you go to slice the treats. Also, you could always transfer the krispies to a baking sheet and use a pizza cutter.
There’s no need to refrigerate the treats. They’ll cool to room temperature in about an hour, and after that they’ll stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temp in an airtight container.
Trick or treat, smell my feet… Time to make something easy and sweet!
If you’re looking for the perfect Halloween snack to make with your kids, this is the recipe for you! They’ll love getting their little hands messy with this quick and easy Halloween rice krispie recipe.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you’re one of those people who hates candy corn, that’s okay! This recipe will still be cute and Halloween themed with just the Halloween sprinkles. You could also replace the candy corn entirely with Halloween M&Ms!
- I’d avoid putting these treats in the fridge. They’ll get pretty hard and lose their desired consistency.
- Salted butter adds a very light salty taste that balances out all of the sweetness perfectly. However, if you’re going for more of a low-sodium take, you can use unsalted butter instead.
Wonderfully sweet, chewy, and easy to make, these fun Halloween rice krispie treats are perfect for enjoying with kids, friends, and ghosts all alike.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Halloween Rice Krispies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup candy corn
- Halloween sprinkles optional
- Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot set over low heat, melt the butter.2 tablespoons salted butter
- Add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt completely, stirring constantly so they don’t burn.2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cereal.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- Transfer the rice krispie mix to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. Top with candy corn and sprinkles.1 cup candy corn, Halloween sprinkles
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and press down firmly to pack the rice krispies– be careful, they will be hot!
- Set the rice krispies aside at room temperature to cool completely– about 1 hour.
- Slice and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.