These crazy-eyed and colorful Halloween Monster Cookies are cute as can be and a total cinch to make! You won’t believe how quick it can be to make a batch of these adorably spooky homemade Halloween cookies.
M&M Halloween Monster Cookies Recipe
Homemade cookie dough that’s made deliciously chewy with old fashioned oats and chocolatey with M&M candies – what could be better? Oh yeah, sticking a cute as can be set of candy eyes on them!
These adorable Halloween monster cookies are perfect for the youngest of kids and the oldest of grandparents, and everyone else in-between. Nothing gets you more in the Halloween spirit than a sweet treat, and this is one of the cutest you could make!
Why You’ll Love this Halloween Cookies Recipe:
- Homemade: This recipe is entirely from scratch, but don’t let that scare you away from the bragging rights. These cookies only take 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Spooky: Just look at how cute those monster eyes are on my cookies! Even the most grim of ghosts you serve these too will crack a spooky smile.
- Flavorful: These cookies call for delicious, bold ingredients like peanut butter, candy corn, Halloween M&M’s, and so much more! They’re crazy flavorful.
How to make M&M Monster Cookies for Halloween
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Preheat your oven and prepare a baking sheet.
- Beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Add the oats, flour, and baking soda.
- Fold in the M&M’s.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Press the candy eyes onto each cookie.
- Cool, then enjoy!
It’s not just the cute candy eyes that make these cookies little monsters! It’s also because there are so many ingredients at play. When a cookie has a little bit of everything like these do, they’re called monster cookies.
These homemade monster treats feature all of your favorite cookie flavors! They have oats, peanut butter, and chocolate M&M’s, so they’re a delicious hybrid of all the best flavors.
It’s so simple! What makes these cookies perfect for the Halloween season is the monster-themed candy eyes, the sweet candy corn, and of course the Halloween M&M’s. Go grab a bag ASAP before they all sell out!
In an airtight container at room temperature, these cute cookies will stay fresh for about 5 days.
Make a batch of Halloween monster cookies for your costume party or just to share with your family while you watch your favorite creature feature. No matter when or where they’re served, M&M monster cookies are always a hit!
If you have little monsters of your own running around the house, they’re going to LOVE helping you with the candy eyes almost as much as they’ll love eating the cookies.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use a cookie scoop! That way all of the cookies are not just perfectly picturesque, but they’ll also all bake evenly at the exact same size.
- Remember to allow the cookies to cool for a while on the pan before moving them to the cooling rack. That way they don’t break apart when you try to move them.
- Rolled oats may be substituted, but old fashioned oats are preferred.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Banana Pudding Cookies
- Circus Animal Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy, soft, and full of both chocolate and peanut butter flavors. There’s so much to love about these Halloween-friendly monster cookies. Make a batch for all your fellow ghoul-friends today!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Halloween Monster Cookies Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature (¼ cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup halloween M&Ms
- ¼ cup candy corn
- Candy eyes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.4 tablespoons butter, 1 cup light brown sugar
- Add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla and mix to combine.1 large egg, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Next add the oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix to combine again.2 cups old fashioned oats, ½ cup all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the M&Ms and candy corn and fold them into the cookie dough with a rubber spatula.½ cup halloween M&Ms, ¼ cup candy corn
- Scoop 1” balls onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to place them at least 2” apart.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or just until the edges are set. Then, remove them from the pan and allow them to cool to room temperature on the pan. press the candy eyes on the cookies while they’re still warm.Candy eyes
- Enjoy immediately. Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.