These not-so-scary Halloween M&M Cookies are soft, chewy, and sure to bring a smile to any little goblin’s face! Made with festively colored M&M candies, these easy to make cookies are the spooky treat you’ll be craving all season long.
Easy M&M Halloween Cookies Recipe
You know what’s even better than a chocolate chip cookie? An M&M cookies! And you know what’s even better than an M&M cookie? One that’s made with super fun Halloween colored M&M’s of course!
These easy to make homemade cookies are such a treat all year long, but they’re so much more fun when themed for Halloween.
They’re perfect for serving at your next costume party or spooky potluck. I love serving them because they’re cute and themed, but also totally delicious.
Plus, you get to brag when you serve these cookies because they’re made entirely from scratch. However, they’re made from scratch… but with such little effort you won’t believe it.
They have the most perfect sweet taste and soft texture that you won’t be able to have just one. I dare you to try!
Why You’ll Love this Halloween M&M Cookies Recipe:
- Easy: Yes, they’re homemade from scratch, but that doesn’t mean they’re a challenge. This is a hassle free cookie recipe you’ll love making.
- Themed: I love making baked goods for all holidays, but Halloween is one of my favorites! Celebrate spooky season by buying a bag of themed M&M’s and enjoying these ghostly treats.
- Gift them: These cookies make the best gifts for neighbors, teachers, and friends alike! That’s because no one can pass up on a homemade M&M cookie, especially when they’re this cute.
How to make M&M Cookies for Halloween
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Combine the M&M’s with the dough.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill.
- Preheat the oven and prepare the baking sheets.
- Scoop the chilled dough onto the baking sheets.
- Let the cookies cool, then enjoy!
Yes you can! There’s no special baking M&M’s out there that you need to look for. Just grab a bag of the Halloween themed M&M’s and they’ll be ready to use in this cookie recipe.
The culprit to a flat cookie is usually over-mixing the ingredients. Avoid flat cookies and instead have soft, chewy cookies by mixing the ingredients together until they’re just combined.
Truth be told, there’s no real way to avoid this. The heat from the oven is what causes the candies to sometimes crack, and we can’t lower the heat in this recipe. However, even cracked, these M&M cookies will still be delicious.
When baked together, the cookie dough and M&M candies actually fuses the two together. The M&M’s shouldn’t melt into the cookies at all, but rather become baked into them.
I don’t know what I love more about these easy to make cookies – how delicious or adorable they are!
Halloween M&M cookies are a real treat. As long as you have the simple ingredients you need and about an hour of your time, you can have the perfect October-friendly treat!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Remember to chill your dough! This step helps the cookies not spread as much when they’re baking.
- Don’t over-mix the dough. When you’re adding the M&M’s into the dough, just fold them in gently until they’re evenly spread.
- These homemade cookies will stay fresh for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature. No need to refrigerate!
Keep your sweet tooth satisfied during spooky season with these quick and easy Halloween M&M cookies!
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Halloween M&M Cookies Recipe
- 10 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Halloween colored M&Ms
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Whisk to combine.10 tablespoons butter, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.1 large egg, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Next, add the flour and baking soda and stir just until no large lumps of flour remain.1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Add the M&Ms and mix just until they’re combined– you don’t want to overmix!1 cup Halloween colored M&Ms
- Cover the bowl and transfer the cookie dough to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- While the cookie dough chills, preheat your oven to 350F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Once the dough has chilled, scoop two tablespoon sized cookies onto the baking sheets, making sure they’re at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow them to cool fully before removing them from the tray– they will set as they cool.
- Transfer the cooled cookies to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to three days.