Make the best version of the gooey, chocolatey cookies that you’ve enjoyed since childhood with this Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. They’re easy to make and delicious to eat!
Mrs. Field’s Cookies Recipe
Have you always been a fan of Mrs. Field’s cookies? There is something about them that makes them addicting. Instead of buying them at the store, you can learn how to make them at home with this recipe for Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. Your homemade cookies will taste just as good, if not better!
Why You’ll Love this Copycat Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- Warm cookie goodness. You can prepare these cookies with fresh ingredients and enjoy them while they’re still warm from the oven.
- Easy to make. These may be a copycat recipe, but they are super simple to make!
- Great for gift giving. These Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to hand out as gifts to teachers, friends, and family!
Trademark Note: In the spirit of transparency, I want to note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Mrs. Fields® is a proprietary brand that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How to make Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine your flour and salt in a bowl with baking powder and baking soda.
- Add your butter, sugar, and brown sugar together and mix.
- Add your eggs and vanilla into the bowl and continue mixing.
- Add half of your flour mixture, mix together, and then add in the other half of the flour.
- Toss in your chocolate chips and stir them into the mixture.
- Cover the dough, and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out medium-sized balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for a minimum of 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for up to five minutes before taking the cookies off the pan.
Mrs. Fields’ Original Cookies are fresh-baked cookies prepared at Mrs. Fields, a chain bakery selling cookies, brownies, and other treats. They’ve been around since 1977 and are a top choice for those looking for something sweet to eat.
The great thing about these cookies is that they are made with basic, wholesome ingredients that you probably already have at home! You need simple ingredients like flour, butter, and sugar to make these copycat cookies
A 30-minute rest enhances the flavor and texture of these cookies, and the use of both baking soda and baking powder yields softer, fluffier cookies.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to cover the bowl full of dough for a minimum of 30 minutes. You can cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel.
- Use your favorite type of chocolate chips. If you don’t like semisweet, you can use milk, white, or dark chocolate chips.
- Let the cookies chill for a few minutes before removing them from the pan to keep them from breaking in half.
Enjoy tasty cookies that taste just like Mrs. Field’s with these Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re easy to prepare, soft, chewy and delicious!
More cookie recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Copycat Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour 330 grams
- 1 tsp baking powder 4 grams
- 1 tsp baking soda 6 grams
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 226 grams, room temperature (two sticks)
- ½ cup granulated sugar 99 grams
- 1½ cups brown sugar 329 grams
- 2 large eggs 50 grams, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla 8 grams
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 340 grams
- Kitchen Scale (optional)
- Stand Mixer (optional)
- Hand Mixer (optional)
- Cookie Portion Scoop (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.2¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, or using a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until it is like smooth sand. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.1 cup unsalted butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, 1½ cups brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 tsp vanilla
- Add in half of the flour mixture and continue mixing, then add in the remaining half. Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F while the dough is chilling.2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Use a small to medium cookie portioning scoop to measure out the balls of dough, or roll walnut-sized balls of dough by hand. Leave at least an inch of space in between each cookie so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the edges begin to turn light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for an additional 3-5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Prep: Freeze pre-portioned cookie dough balls in an airtight container or zip-top bag for easy access when a craving hits. Add 2 minutes to the bake time.
- Timing: You can skip the chilling, but the cookies will turn out a little bit thinner and may be less flavorful.
- Rest: Let the cookies rest for a few minutes before removing them from the pan to keep them from breaking in half.
Leave a Review