Get into the 4th of July holiday with this delicious red, white, and blue bundt cake recipe! It’s sure to be a big hit at your 4th BBQ bash.
Red White and Blue Bundt Cake Recipe
Looking for a delicious and festive dessert for your 4th of July cookout? This moist and delicious 4th of July bundt cake is just what you need! I love decorating for the holidays, and making festive foods. And, this one has been a huge hit every single year.
A bundt cake is simply just a cake that is baked in a bundt pan. It has a distinctive doughnut shape. This red, white, and blue bundt cake comes out moist and delicious.
We cook it in a bundt pan because the batter is dense. Bundt pans help prevent under-cooking as would happen in a normal pan. Made from scratch and sprinkled with a color, this recipe is one everyone will enjoy.
Why you'll love this Fourth of July Bundt Cake recipe
- Simple ingredients. Even though you are making this recipe from scratch, all the ingredients are easy to come by and you probably have them all in your cupboards.
- Moist and delicious. Because it’s a bundt cake, this cake comes out super moist and delicious. You won’t hear anyone complaining that it’s dry.
- Adds the perfect pizazz. Decorations only go so far. This cake adds the perfect amount of pizzazz to your food table.
How to make this easy 4th of July Bundt Cake
**This is an abbreviated list. Be sure to see the recipe card below for full instructions and details.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a standard 9” bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, vanilla, and sugar together using a stand mixer on medium speed until it is light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs into the above mixture 1 at a time.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- Turn your mixer to low speed and gradually add your dry ingredients and milk to the sugar mixture.
- Once you have mixed all the ingredients thoroughly, you will want to gently fold in the red, white, and blue sprinkles into the batter.
- Then, transfer your batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake your cake for about 55-60 minutes.
What Kind of Sprinkles Do I Need?
You will want to get classic decorative sprinkles. I prefer to just grab some Patriotic Red, White, and Blue sprinkles from Amazon. If you buy in bulk, you’ll have them for the next year too.
Can I Add Frosting to this Bundt Cake?
Absolutely! You can add frosting to any cake that you like. I would suggest a white frosting and adding some more red, white, and blue sprinkles to the top of it for a more patriotic look.
How Do You Keep a Bundt Cake from Sticking?
Be sure that you spray the bundt pan thoroughly with non-stick spray before baking. Do not let your cake cool too long in the pan. Letting it cool too long can make it moist and sticky.
Carefully, remove the cake after 5 minutes of cooling by cutting around the edge, tapping the pan, and shaking it out gently.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Do NOT Overmix. You don’t want to overmix your batter. You only want to mix it until there are no lumps remaining then stop.
- Insert a toothpick. At 55 minutes, insert a toothpick into your bundt cake to make sure it is done. If the center comes out clean it is done. If not, put it back in for 5 minutes.
- Don’t let it cool longer in the pan. Letting it cool longer than 5 minutes in the pan can make the cake damp causing it to stick to the pan. If you are struggling to get it out, tap the pan firmly a few times and shake it gently to help loosen the cake.
As we celebrate our independence, we enjoy get-togethers, cookouts, and time with family and friends. Whether you are hosting or bringing a dessert to a party, this 4th of July bundt cake is the perfect dessert for your celebration!
More red white and blue recipes we love
- Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake Strawberries
- 4th of July Red, White, and Blue Layer Cake
- Red Velvet Cake Truffles (drizzle with blue chocolate)
- Red Velvet Fudge (use blue and white sprinkles instead)
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Fourth of July Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup red white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a standard 9” bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, vanilla, and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy-- about 2 minutes. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs one at a time and fully incorporate each one before adding the next.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, and baking powder.
- On low speed, gradually alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk. First add in ⅓ of the flour mixture. Then add in half of the milk, followed by another ⅓ of the dry ingredients. Then add in the rest of the milk followed by the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix just until no large lumps of flour remain. You don’t want to overmix!
- Add in the sprinkles and fold them in gently.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean-- about 55-60 hour.
- Allow the bundt cake to cool for 5 minutes. Then run a knife around the edge and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.