This Instant Pot Apple Crisp is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you’ll make this fall! Treat yourself to this autumnal dessert that’s rich with cozy ingredients like apples, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and more.
Instant Pot Apple Crisp Recipe
To me, nothing says “fall” quite like dessert recipes that feature pumpkin or apple ingredients. And because tasty pumpkin-centric dishes are usually pretty popular, apple dishes can be easily forgotten about. Solve that problem by making this super easy Instant Pot apple crisp!
Instant Pot recipes are almost always a total breeze, and this recipe is no exception. I love how easily and quickly I can enjoy a homemade apple crisp, all thanks to the help of my handy pressure cooker! And don’t worry, just because this dish is easy to make doesn’t mean it’s not absolutely scrumptious.
When I serve this dish, no one ever believes that I cut corners and used an Instant Pot to whip it up. It’s so good, everyone always assumes I spent so much more time on it! The rich autumnal flavors, the crispy oats and soft apples all come together to create a truly perfect apple crisp.
Why You’ll Love this Quick Apple Crisp Recipe:
- Instant Pot. I love using my pressure cooker, because I know I’ll have a perfect recipe whipped up in half the time it usually takes to make it.
- Fall-inspired. School’s back in session, the leaves are beginning to fall, and Halloween is just around the corner. That means it’s time to enjoy richly fall-inspired recipes like this one!
- Can be enjoyed any time of day. Treat yourself to a serving of apple crisp with your Pumpkin Spice Latte in the morning, or with a glass of wine in the evening. No matter what time it is, this apple crisp is always delicious.
How to make Apple Crisp in an Instant Pot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Toss the apples with lemon juice and pumpkin pie spice.
- Transfer the apples to a pan.
- Combine the melted butter, sugars, oats and flour.
- Spread the topping over the apple filling.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the oat topping.
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot.
- Place the pan on the trivet.
- Seal the Instant Pot lid.
- Turn the valve to sealing and select pressure cook.
- Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Quick release the steam.
- Open the lid, them serve warm or cooled. Enjoy!
What kind of pan should I use?
You can use a 6 inch springform pan, ramekin, or a round baking dish. As long as it’s appropriately sized to fit in the Instant Pot, it’ll work just fine.
What kind of apples should I use?
I love using fuji apples for this recipe! However, honeycrisp apples also work very well. If you want a more tart flavor, opt for green Granny Smith apples to really add a sour note.
How long will this apple crisp stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, this homemade apple crisp will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. You can enjoy it chilled, at room temperature, or reheated with a scoop of ice cream.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you want even more fall flavor, add a few pinches of cinnamon and nutmeg on top of your apple crisp just before serving.
- When picking a maple syrup, try to find an authentic bottle that has real maple flavor. That super sticky sweet factory-made stuff won’t have as much flavor.
- Be sure to follow the specific Instant Pot instructions for the best results!
Plug in the Instant Pot and in no time, you’ll have your new favorite apple crisp recipe!
More apple recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Apple Crisp Recipe
For the Apple Filling
- 3 Fuji Apples cubed
- 1 tablespoon of juice half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
For the Crisp
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
For the pot:
- 1 Cup water
- In a large bowl, toss the apple pieces with the lemon juice and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the apples until well coated. Transfer apples to a 6 inch springform pan, ramekin or round baking dish, set aside.3 Fuji Apples cubed, 1 tablespoon of juice, 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- To prepare the crisp, in a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugars, oats and flour. Stir together until well mixed. Evenly spread the topping over the apple filling.6 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, ⅓ cup light brown sugar, ¾ cup old fashioned oats, 2 Tablespoon of all purpose flour
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the oat topping.2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water to the pot. Place the dish or pan on the trivet. Seal the Instant Pot lid. Turn the valve to sealing and select pressure cook. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. When finished, switch the valve to allow a quick release of steam, and open the lid.1 Cup water
- Serve warm or cooled.