Enjoy a refreshing summer treat with this flavorful Peach Pound Cake recipe. It’s a dense cake that contains fresh peaches chopped into small pieces for added flavor.
Easy Peach Pound Cake Recipe
Do you want to make a sweet treat to enjoy with the family? If so, you should try this recipe for Peach Pound Cake! It’s perfect for anyone who loves fresh peaches and cake because you’re combining the two ingredients to make a scrumptious dessert.
This peach pound cake is is perfectly sweet and great to have as a quick snack. You can eat it in the morning, after lunch, or even as a dessert at night. It’s the perfect cake to have around the home when you’re craving something sweet.
Why you’ll love this Peach Pound Cake recipe
- Fresh fruit. You’ll add fresh peaches to the cake batter to enjoy pieces of the fresh fruit with each bite.
- Easy dessert recipe. It’s easy to make and has such a naturally great taste.
- Topping friendly. You can eat it by itself, add a glaze to it, or even add a whipped topping on each slice.
How to make Pound Cake with Fresh Peaches
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F and grease your loaf pan.
- Beat your butter and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixture, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Begin adding the flour into the mixing bowl with your other ingredients.
- Add the peach chunks to the batter and fold them in.
- Place the batter into the loaf plan, sprinkle sugar on top, and bake it in the oven for up to 60 minutes.
- Check it with a toothpick to make sure it’s done. Let it cool on a rack before removing it from the pan.
Can I use frozen peaches?
If you don’t have fresh peaches, you can use frozen peaches. It’s a good idea to thaw the frozen peaches and chop them into pieces before you use them. Also, try to remove any excess water from them thawing.
Is this cake dense?
Yes, this cake is dense because it’s a pound cake. Pound cakes are popular due to their thick, dense texture. Classic pound cakes were made using a pound of each ingredient. Thus the name pound cake.
How do I store leftovers?
Put your leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for a maximum of three days.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to carefully fold the pieces of peaches into the batter to enjoy fresh chunks when biting into your pound cake.
- You can add a glaze to your pound cake if you’d like by combining milk with powdered sugar.
- Add slices of peaches to the top of your pound cake for even more flavor.
This homemade peach pound cake is such a delicious treat to make. It tastes great by itself or when served with whipped cream and fresh fruit on top.
More easy cake recipes we love
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Peach Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh peaches chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a standard 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Beat the butter and 1 cup of sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until they are light and fluffy– about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing them to fully incorporate before adding the next one.
- Next, add the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the flour. Mix just until the flour is incorporated– you don’t want to over mix.
- Add the peach chunks and gently fold them into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the greased loaf pan and top it with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake the pound cake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then, run a knife around the edge and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.