Create the perfect summer dessert with this simple, stress-free Key Lime Pie recipe. It’s full of flavor and great to serve as a dessert on a hot day!
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
Get ready to impress everyone with this deliciously sweet and tart key lime pie! Made with key lime juice, this pie is tart with a floral taste that will leave your taste buds wanting more. It’s the perfect recipe for summer, get-togethers, or to take to the office.
Do you want to make the perfect dessert for the summer months? If so, you need to try this flavorful Key Lime Pie recipe. It’s not hard to make, and it’s one of the most enjoyable treats to eat while battling the summer heat.
You’ll use simple ingredients, such as key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and graham cracker crumbs to put this incredible pie together.
Why You’ll Love this Homemade Key Lime Pie Recipe:
- Simple ingredients. You won’t need to buy too many ingredients to make this Key Lime Pie!
- Preparation is easy. Preparing the pie is simple and won’t take long at all. Once you’ve prepared it, you’ll only need to wait a few hours for it to chill in the fridge before you serve it.
- It’s something different. It’s the perfect pie to eat when you want something a bit different from the typical traditional pies, such as apple and cherry pie.
If you like the flavor of this pie, you’ll love these Key Lime Cupcakes too!
How to Make Key Lime Pie from Scratch
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- You’ll start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, and graham cracker crumbs to a large bowl, stirring everything together for a few minutes.
- Place the mixture on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan, pressing firmly with your hands.
- You’ll put the pie pan in the oven and bake for up to 10 minutes. Allow the pie crust to cool for several minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, key lime juice and zest, and condensed milk in a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake for up to 10 minutes.
- You will then need to put it in the fridge to chill for a minimum of three hours.
Key limes are smaller and have a more intense, floral flavor than regular limes. If you are unable to find key limes or bottled key lime juice, you can use regular limes.
You can make the Key Lime Pie with a crispy graham cracker crust. Use your favorite brand of graham crackers and crush them down into pieces before mixing them with the butter and sugar to create a flavorful crust from scratch.
You’ll need to bake the crust for 10 minutes and then bake the pie for an additional 10 minutes. You don’t need to bake this pie for too long in the oven.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Garnish with lime slices. Add a lime slice to your pieces of Key Lime Pie as the perfect garnish. These slices will add more flavor to your pie.
- Add whip cream. Consider adding a dollop of whipped cream to each slice. The whipped cream compliments the pie filling.
- Make condensed milk. If you don’t have sweetened condensed milk, you can make it by combining maple syrup with whole milk, butter, and a bit of vanilla extract.
Make this easy Key Lime Pie from scratch using fresh ingredients. It’s creamy, sweet, and flavorful, making it a great treat to eat with the family.
If you make this recipe be sure to leave us a comment or rating. Enjoy!
Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs 213 grams, about 12 whole cracker sheets
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar 67 grams
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 85 grams, melted (¾ stick)
For the Filling
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk 792 grams (2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream 114 grams
- ¾ cup key lime juice 170 grams, about 8 key limes
- ½ tablespoon grated lime zest 3 grams, from 1 key lime
- Whipped cream optional, for serving
- Lime slices optional, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place crushed graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden, then set aside on a wire rack to cool.1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In another mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Whisk until well combined, then pour into the crust.28 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1⁄2 cup sour cream, ¾ cup key lime juice, ½ tablespoon grated lime zest
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the filling has just set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Cut the pie into wedges and serve with whipped cream and lime slices, if desired.Whipped cream, Lime slices
- Add a lime slice to your pieces of Key Lime Pie as the perfect garnish. These slices will add more flavor to your pie.
- Consider adding a dollop of whipped cream to each slice. The whipped cream compliments the pie filling.
- If you don’t have sweetened condensed milk, you can make it by combining maple syrup with whole milk, butter, and a bit of vanilla extract.
- Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.